Author Topic: 2015/01/13 - Blockland r1956  (Read 73354 times)

My attempt to reach the most bricks before crashing, at the resolution of 640x480 and all settings at minimum, besides network settings, with Badspot's suggestion of disabling vertex buffer objects:

(Ignore the loading screen, I took this screenshot after I crashed. I had to get back in my server to take a picture of the brick count.)

The highest I could go without crashing at the resolution of 1920x1080 with max settings, shaders off, and vertex buffer objects disabled was around 876,000 bricks.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:12:04 PM by WALDO »

Amazing, simply

Amazing

there's probably something in the netstringtable update that causes it to either duplicate strings or leak memory, I'll have a look at it later to check

just an educated guess though- if you guys can find out what causes more memory to allocate, etc then post about it so we can make a better conclusion
Well ram memory isn't gradually increasing, just when a player joins the ram instantly jumps up around 55mb now where before it was only 13-15. When they leave that 55mb of ram goes back down like normal. Even with a clean add-ons folder and only default add-ons this is still the case.

My server just crashed as a player from Australia joined, could it be possible the patch didn't work?
I am implying this was outpact

Code: [Select]
Got Connect challenge Request from 220.233.40.236:12266
Got connect request from 220.233.40.236:12266
  net name = bzds

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My server just crashed as a player from Australia joined, could it be possible the patch didn't work?
I am implying this was outpact

Code: [Select]
Got Connect challenge Request from 220.233.40.236:12266
Got connect request from 220.233.40.236:12266
  net name = bzds
The DLL crash hack crashes the game upon injecting. And since nobody (save for computermix) has the source code of it, that's definitely not the case

What is free-cam mode?

What is free-cam mode?

Admin orb / F7 & F8 (Or whatever you keybind it to)

What is free-cam mode?
Admin orb / F7 & F8 (Or whatever you keybind it to)
This

Also, prior to this update, the direction of ghost brick shifting was tied to your player, so even if your camera is looking to your character's left side, shifting the brick forward would shift it to the right from the camera's point of view, but would actually be forward from your character's point of view

There was an add-on that fixed this long ago called Orb Shifting or something like that, but using that after this update now collides with the fixed shifting and causes it to be all sorts of whack

So if anyone has that and is wondering why it's still broken, it's because of that add-on

that numlock thing bothers me, also when holding shift you can't nudge bricks without numlock's effects becoming nonexistent... no more building underwater.
(my arrow keys are binded to the inventory left and right, which is mainly why i'm having this problem, and cannot build without my inventory set up this way)

that numlock thing bothers me, also when holding shift you can't nudge bricks without numlock's effects becoming nonexistent... no more building underwater.
(my arrow keys are binded to the inventory left and right, which is mainly why i'm having this problem, and cannot build without my inventory set up this way)

Speaking of shift as crouch, ive had my right click as crouch starting years ago when grapple knife tdms were popular. I still have it as it is and its nice since I can still build underwater and whatever.

I'm not sure about cpu, but blockland is definitely using more ram now after the update. Each player that joins a server uses around 55mb of ram now, when before it was only 13-15mb of ram. That will reach ram limits a lot sooner, so you might want to reduce the max player count on your servers for now or prepare for potential run time errors.

I imagine it's also partially to blame on the fact that the ghost limit was raised from somewhere over 256000 to 1024 * 1024, which means that every single ghost which the server keeps track of that a client knows about uses more memory to store the ghost ID. There had to be another change to make it jump this much though, as this would only mean like two bits more for every ghost. Maybe Badspot just messed up the alignment or something, whatever.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:15:04 AM by portify »

Badspot...

You forgot to compile the game with the LAA flag set!

No wonder we are experiencing crashes.

i hope this will ve fixed very soon, because i cant build for now :( (300k of course)