2015/01/13 - Blockland r1956

Author Topic: 2015/01/13 - Blockland r1956  (Read 73650 times)

please dont "fix" vehicle physics

One server process w/ ~30k bricks is using 30% of my CPU without anyone even on it.  Usually it's under 5% at that rate.

So "ghosting limit" is not the same as "brick limit"? Damn.
I've sucessfuly gotten 1M bricks in a server before with stable results. (Accidentally broke the limit)
The only point it started to go crazy was at the 1.1M point. Random bricks would disappear and the brick count would fluctuate.

Shame brick limit wasn't raised to 1M, cause Blockland can handle it.

One server process w/ ~30k bricks is using 30% of my CPU without anyone even on it.  Usually it's under 5% at that rate.
don't you host three servers?
heres mine, hosting one server on Windows

So "ghosting limit" is not the same as "brick limit"? Damn.
I've sucessfuly gotten 1M bricks in a server before with stable results. (Accidentally broke the limit)
The only point it started to go crazy was at the 1.1M point. Random bricks would disappear and the brick count would fluctuate.

Shame brick limit wasn't raised to 1M, cause Blockland can handle it.

I'm pretty sure the brick limit *was* raised. Be sure to increase it in the Advanced settings.

don't you host three servers?
heres mine, hosting one server on Windows
-snip-

18 players, 29k bricks.

Update related?

Found a bug.
For example: when still holding "w" (which I am moving with the wrench) and I try to apply events fast, the brick name will also go "wwwww..."
This is the most annoying thing.

When wrenching a small brick from far away, holding F to zoom in to click the certain brick also causes the brick name to go "ffffffff..." too. Whatever the bug fix was to cause this isn't worth it lol.

I am encountering a glitch with transparent surfaces, specifically in vehicles with windows.  I noticed this in the Apache...considering I can't see a thing in first person view.

18 players, 29k bricks.

Update related?
I had it running since yesterday? I dunno

This is the most annoying thing.

When wrenching a small brick from far away, holding F to zoom in to click the certain brick also causes the brick name to go "ffffffff..." too. Whatever the bug fix was to cause this isn't worth it lol.
ive actually encountered this issue in several games before. idk why
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:48:57 PM by Blockzillahead »

I had it running since yesterday? I dunno
was up for all of 10 minutes, and i've left servers up for two weeks w/o problems like this

Finally! Thanks Badspot and good job!

18 players, 29k bricks.

Update related?
I'm not sure about cpu, but blockland is definitely using more ram now after the update. Each player that joins a server uses around 55mb of ram now, when before it was only 13-15mb of ram. That will reach ram limits a lot sooner, so you might want to reduce the max player count on your servers for now or prepare for potential run time errors.

there's probably something in the netstringtable update that causes it to either duplicate strings or leak memory, I'll have a look at it later to check

just an educated guess though- if you guys can find out what causes more memory to allocate, etc then post about it so we can make a better conclusion