2015/01/13 - Blockland r1956

Author Topic: 2015/01/13 - Blockland r1956  (Read 73934 times)

Wow.
Good to see more bugfixes, and limit caps being raised.

About loving TIME
Shut the hell up dude, Badspot doesn't owe you anything so stop acting like it.

Awesome additions, just wondering if we could see an increase in music size limit? I've heard the reasoning behind limiting that was because it could make for a long download, but you increased the datablock limit now, so...

I've heard the reasoning behind limiting that was because it could make for a long download, but you increased the datablock limit now, so...
Increasing the datablock limit does not mean things download faster, it means server hosts can put more junk on the server that you'll have to download.

If I press ctrl v to paste something in chat my game crashes.
Could someone else try it to confirm?

Console is getting spammed whenever changeDatablock is called, "Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'playThread'."

If I press ctrl v to paste something in chat my game crashes.
Could someone else try it to confirm?
Not happening here.

Wait what... updates?

:D

Increasing the datablock limit does not mean things download faster, it means server hosts can put more junk on the server that you'll have to download.
I knew this, what I meant by my statement was that it seems Baddy isn't worried about how long it takes to download files anymore, so why not allow music to be bigger? Who cares if there's a slightly longer load? If they don't want it they can turn off music downloads from options.

What means "Increased Datablock limit to 1M" and "Maximum ghostbrick to 8k", i'm not sure if that i'm think about...

What means "Increased Datablock limit to 1M" and "Maximum ghostbrick to 8k", i'm not sure if that i'm think about...
you've got that completely mixed up.

He increased the Brick and ghosting count to 1 Million, and raised server datablock limit to 8 thousand.

What updater?

edit: blockland is using 1.3gb/32gb of ram at the moment. what is going on?
Something similar is happening for me. Each player that joins my server uses up around 60mb of ram now, when before the update it was 12-15mb or so each. I even tried deleting my Add-Ons folder and using only the default Add-Ons, but this was still the case.

how to plant more than 256k bricks? still getting the "limit" thing?

The brick limit (256000) wasn't raised, only the ghost object limit (1048576). Whether or not this will let you use more than 256k bricks with some messing around depends on whether or not the client wants to render more than 256k even ifghosted.

ah. I am not interested then (and very disapointed)