Author Topic: 2015/01/13 - Blockland r1956  (Read 74170 times)

-no caps post-
Yeah OK.  

It gets bad reviews because people can't wait for an update.  They expect things to be monthly or even faster.  Badspot goes slow, to make sure things work and that he can really hammer down the pestilent problems.  The people who give Blockland bad reviews because of a lack of updates and news about upcoming ones just need to take a chill-pill and think about why he's not updating every day.

...and now you are just being absurd.  I do not condone crashing servers, but you're just uttering nonsense.  

I saw this when Count loaded more than 1M bricks on his server.

Protip: Don't load more than 1M bricks on your server or you'll crash.

Badspot

• Administrator
I saw this when Count loaded more than 1M bricks on his server.

http://i.imgur.com/B9l3woD.png

Protip: Don't load more than 1M bricks on your server or you'll crash.

You probably ran out of video ram.  Disabling vertex buffer objects may allow you to load more bricks at the expense of some speed. 

also blhack crashes on inject so its ded

courtesy of updates to the packString functions

Yeah OK. 

It gets bad reviews because people can't wait for an update.  They expect things to be monthly or even faster.  Badspot goes slow, to make sure things work and that he can really hammer down the pestilent problems.  The people who give Blockland bad reviews because of a lack of updates and news about upcoming ones just need to take a chill-pill and think about why he's not updating every day.

...and now you are just being absurd.  I do not condone crashing servers, but you're just uttering nonsense. 
no need to get pretentious with "no caps post"
minecraft gets more then 1 update a year and people don't care, it's still new content and making the game overall better, hence how wild people are going over about this because of how many cool stuff that lets people build more, have more content in their servers, general better gameplay, etc.

when a game goes an ENTIRE YEAR with no sort of news of anything happening to further progress the game, esp after the famous 'the progress is ---- it' statement, people get pretty faithless in the dev. people bring this up >all< the time when you even mention 'update'. so no, people aren't sitting here expecting an update every day. they're expecting more then even a single statement on the progress more then once a year. look at terraria, it was suppost to stop updating after update 1.0 (or 1.1?), and they're on to 1.8. they give out regular spoilers and other news on what's happening, maybe if it's even just once every 2-3 months.

and no, it's not being absurd. plenty of people (including me) were reluctant to host just because of fear that someone would come in and crash it, and they would lose all of their progress of what they were building.

if they need that big of an ego to crash servers on a small-ish community just to pride themselves on it, they don't deserve to be playing the game.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:39:16 PM by Obliviongate20 »

Increased datablock limit to 8k, that'll be fun to download
oho!
And now only my close friends will have the patience to load when I host

This is Utopia City :3
Badspot even gave credits! man, this is a revolution!

I can use the movement speeds for my RPG! Yay!

no need to get pretentious with "no caps post"
How am I being pretentious?  I am just stating the obvious.
minecraft gets more then 1 update a year and people don't care, it's still new content and making the game overall better, hence how wild people are going over about this because of how many cool stuff that lets people build more, have more content in their servers, general better gameplay, etc.
People end up not caring about Minecraft because every update ever brakes nearly every mod possible.  Maybe if I could keep the same ones without slow and tedious manual updating that requires trial and error and not even a guarantee that they'll work.  Most of the content came from the people, yet every update just ruins that.  That's why I am not going to update my copy anytime soon.
when a game goes an ENTIRE YEAR with no sort of news of anything happening to further progress the game, esp after the famous 'the progress is ---- it' statement, people get pretty faithless in the dev. people bring this up >all< the time when you even mention 'update'. so no, people aren't sitting here expecting an update every day. they're expecting more then even a single statement on the progress more then once a year. look at terraria, it was suppost to stop updating after update 1.0 (or 1.1?), and they're on to 1.8. they give out regular spoilers and other news on what's happening, maybe if it's even just once every 2-3 months.
People get faithless pretty fast.  They are running into something to expect everything to be just sunshine and lollipops, but instead it's just a year long marathon.  It's like stepping into dog-stuff to expect it to be awesome, and then complain that 'it should smell better'.
and no, it's not being absurd. plenty of people (including me) were reluctant to host just because of fear that someone would come in and crash it, and they would lose all of their progress of what they were building.

if they need that big of an ego to crash servers on a small-ish community just to pride themselves on it, they don't deserve to be playing the game.

In my long years of hosting games on Blockland, I have never, ever had anyone crash my server via some sort of external program.  The only time my server has crashed was because of natural causes, too many bots or just from one of my apocalyptic BSOD-causing weaponry.  Your fear is unfounded and you should really rethink about the topic at hand.

Quick! Everyone Post reaction GIFs!

plenty of people (including me) were reluctant to host just because of fear that someone would come in and crash it, and they would lose all of their progress of what they were building.
There has been a publicly available, safe way to prevent your server from being crashed available over a month ago before this update. I would know, I released it and posted it on general discussion.

hey yeah guys kudos to ipq for providing that right?