Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 303524 times)

In one day, I went from 75k dosh to 1k....

So, if somebody says "Get on beds" then later says "Beds AR" does that make the AR invalid, or the order invalid?

I.e. does timing matter, or do ARs always supersede orders?

So, if somebody says "Get on beds" then later says "Beds AR" does that make the AR invalid, or the order invalid?

order invalid but so is the AR due to time issues

I assume it overrides the previous command, forcing you to stand on something else.

The "Get on beds" is not invalid. Invalid orders are not orders that you can get killed for. Invalid orders are like "Last erection jim". So if that is all the warden said, that would prevent a freeday. The prisoners would have to get on something else then.

So if that is all the warden said, that would prevent a freeday.
What most people refer to as "invalid" orders are defined in the rules as "unfollowable" orders. I might dedicate a terms section to order types, but the terms are getting a bit clustered despite my attempt at organization.

An order can be overridden by anything the warden says afterwards, including setting ARs. All orders are expected to be continuously followed until the warden says something to override it though (so "get on the line" means don't leave until an order makes you).

alright now explain it like you would to a first grader, and I should SOMEWHAT follow

basically until a new order is given, stay doing what the original order dictates?

What most people refer to as "invalid" orders are defined in the rules as "unfollowable" orders. I might dedicate a terms section to order types, but the terms are getting a bit clustered despite my attempt at organization.

An order can be overridden by anything the warden says afterwards, including setting ARs. All orders are expected to be continuously followed until the warden says something to override it though (so "get on the line" means don't leave until an order makes you).

So would the example given (Get on beds | Beds AR) prevent a freeday? I remember asking Crown a while ago and in the example I gave (Leaving cells AR | At 9 go to line), he said that would prevent a freeday. Not sure if Crown changed his mind or if the second example applies to the first. Would really like clarification :I

Extreme Simon Says 2016 Jail Sim w/ Waifus DLC*

DLC only if you pre-order from Walmart

So would the example given (Get on beds | Beds AR) prevent a freeday?
Yes, the Warden gave a valid order before 9.

(Leaving cells AR | At 9 go to line)
Same thing, a valid order was given before 9.

Purpose of having a freeday if no valid (not guaranteed to kill) orders are given by the time doors open is to prevent uncontrollable rounds and ensure that Wardens are doing something. It's also a nice break to have a freeday every once in a while I suppose.
Edit: After looking at Rule 1c and 25 it seems like revision needs to be done, I'll get on it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:05:47 PM by Wesley Williams »

Ah, ok, thanks. Was mildly concerned about this because I was confused why you crossed out "prevent" when quoting me

So if that is all the warden said, that would prevent a freeday.

Ah, ok, thanks. Was mildly concerned about this because I was confused why you crossed out "prevent" when quoting me
I just thought you were referring to "last erection Jim" but I see now you meant "get on beds".

If anyone has better ideas for how to classify orders please post. Currently I'm considering making invalid order a blanket term for the following:
Nonsense orders - orders that lack a definite meaning
Impossible orders - orders requiring Prisoners to do something impossible

And valid orders will include:
Death orders - orders guaranteed to get the Prisoner killed

And rule 25 will just remain unchanged.

Might want to add something about conflicting ARs, like "not freezing AR | not crouching AR". Maybe under some other AR section.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:38:43 AM by The_Clockworker »