Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232538 times)

Jaakko looks curiously at Tippy. In the year or more that he's worked with Raiden, he'd been able to pick up on who or what they were talking about. He doesn't understand the whole phrase, but he recognizes the word "I."

"Uh, sure? [Bitch-idiot]. I have just one small doubt about that," he replies.

"Sure, buddy, whatever questions might you have?" Tippy's grin grows bigger

"Any reason you're referring to only yourself in that phrase?"

"Simple. You're letting the third party know that what you're saying is coming from you. It makes it more special that way. Why? Are you afraid i'm telling you the equivalent of a bad tattoo?"

Tippy crosses her arms and frowns

"Maybe. Whatever. Any ideas at all what you're going to do for leave?"

"I told you. Try and get in on someone elses plans if they invite me. Otherwise, stand in the shower with my head leaned up against the wall. You?"

Jaakko looks at the ceiling, thinking.

"I would travel somewhere. I went to Mercana last time because I wanted to make peace with Taiton. But its a really nice country,"

He looks back to Tippy.

"There's places in Aesthia I would go too, but I've always found abroad more interesting,"

"Now that I think about it, I suppose it'd be a good idea to visit Yukamo's family whenever I get leave time. I can speak the language now but I can't say i'm culturally prepared to do so yet. I feel like I have a responsibility to them now in an effort to fill the void." Tippy says, bouncing off the subject of travel.

Jaakko nods.

"That's respectable,"

He brings himself upright.

"Did I ever show you what I brought back from Mercana?" he asks.

"Nope. Do you have it on you?"

"Its in the bunk room," Jaakko replies, "It's not much. Nothing compared to Yukamo's gun."

He gets up and goes in to the room, sifting through the standing closet and producing a mason jar half filled with sand. Across the top of the metal lid, there's masking tape with "TAITON" written in thick marker across the top. Jaakko returns to Tippy.

"I went to Mercana as you know to go see Taiton again. When I was there, I took this from just outside the city. A reminder of sorts, again, nothing like Aiori's gun, but its something. If you want to look at it that I'm taking something back from a battle that took something from me, maybe it's something like that,"

Jaakko offers it for Tippy to study.

"If there would ever be a possibility to go to the Delta I'd do the same thing. I know I through the idea around before, but now I know for sure. Failing all that, seeing the world is still nice, and it becomes particularly appealing considering the nature of our work,"

"Careful, it might become a hobby. Like stamp collecting."

"Careful, it might become a hobby. Like stamp collecting."

"Your habit of picking up guns is farther along to being a hobby than this ever will be," Jaakko replies.

He bows his head and studies the floor for a moment before looking back up at Tippy.

"Are you going to go to Kintharia?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:57:22 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Probably. I hadn't wrote Yukamo's family a weekly letter since my last visit. I owe them an apology probably."

"May I tag along with you to Kintharia, or is this something more personal for you?"