Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232410 times)

Cualli shrugs. "I just figured we'd get a little time off or something with how... busy everything's been."

"All the way out to Moratov? How long would it even take to get there?"
: Not long, by plane.

: Not long, by plane.
"Ah."

"I'm not entirely sure what I'd do when-- if-- we get leave." She pauses and thinks, idly flipping through the sticky notes in her hands. "Probably just... stay at home, honestly. I don't really have a need to visit my parents, and I don't really... have anyone else to visit." Cualli shrugs indifferently.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:31:25 PM by carolcat »

: I'd invite you to come visit, but there's not a lot to do in Moratov, not unless you like drinking or hockey, anyway.

: I'd invite you to come visit, but there's not a lot to do in Moratov, not unless you like drinking or hockey, anyway.
"Well, I do like drinking-- you know that-- and I've also never been out to a place like Moratov." Cualli thinks about the offer, feeling somewhat conflicted.

On one hand, she really didn't have anything planned except for whatever might come up with Gus. And she thinks of how she's probably going to look like a huge richard for all of their talk earlier only to have to find him to tell him that she won't, in fact, be free during leave, but will instead be off with someone else.

Someone else.

Briefly, Cualli thinks of how Arkhip might react if she and Gus did get up to something and Arkhip happened to find out, and the thought fills her with a sense of dread. As much as she likes the thought of catching up with the Mjolnir pilot, Cualli realizes that she's accidentally let herself get into quite the situation.

"Are you sure about inviting me out there?" she asks.

Jaakko, left to his own devices, sluggishly gathers his poorly organized personal effects and gets in line to shuffle off of the ship. His own poor mood makes the already dreadfully long line to disembark seem to move so much slower. When he finally reaches solid ground, he realizes just how solid the ground feels, absent of any of the rumbling or disturbances of flying.

He wanders around looking for Tippy.
You find her, eating a hot dog.

"Are you sure about inviting me out there?" she asks.
Eremit shrugs.
: Sure, I'm sure.

Eremit shrugs.
: Sure, I'm sure.
Cualli looks at Elu. "Guess I'd have to find out what happens with Elu if I go off of the base for a while. I don't think they'd let me bring him along," she says, a tinge of sadness in her voice. Her expression changes slightly as she remember how she's going to have to explain herself to Gus soon. "And I'll need to take care of a few other things before I go. Like my plants and... whatnot."

"Hopefully we'll find out soon if we're going on leave or not," Cualli adds, trying to distract herself from the sinking feeling in her gut as she thinks about how she's about to look like a huge ass.

Jaakko works his way through the crowd and approaches Tippy.

"Where'd you even get that from?" he asks.

Cualli looks at Elu. "Guess I'd have to find out what happens with Elu if I go off of the base for a while. I don't think they'd let me bring him along," she says, a tinge of sadness in her voice. Her expression changes slightly as she remember how she's going to have to explain herself to Gus soon. "And I'll need to take care of a few other things before I go. Like my plants and... whatnot."

"Hopefully we'll find out soon if we're going on leave or not," Cualli adds, trying to distract herself from the sinking feeling in her gut as she thinks about how she's about to look like a huge ass.
: I'll be surprised if we are, we've only been back on duty for just under two months, seems a little soon.

Jaakko works his way through the crowd and approaches Tippy.

"Where'd you even get that from?" he asks.
Before she can reply, Tippy is struck in the shoulder (unintentionally of course) by a man carrying a large blunt object, and the hot dog goes sailing into the crowd, never to be seen again.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:54:07 PM by Qwepir »

Tippy with her mouth half filled with relish, chili, hotdog and mustard watches as her carefully planned and snitched hotdog from the carrier cafeteria, sails out of site with an audible "plap" in the sea of people.

"Whaht thuh fwuck!"

Tippy swallows the remaining food down

"Do you mind? Whats the hurry?" Tippy asks the perpetrator (whether or not he stopped or is walking away)

Tippy with her mouth half filled with relish, chili, hotdog and mustard watches as her carefully planned and snitched hotdog from the carrier cafeteria, sails out of site with an audible "plap" in the sea of people.

"Whaht thuh fwuck!"

Tippy swallows the remaining food down

"Do you mind? Whats the hurry?" Tippy asks the perpetrator (whether or not he stopped or is walking away)
The guy responsible just turns around and mutters a "huh?" before disappearing into the flow of people.

: I'll be surprised if we are, we've only been back on duty for just under two months, seems a little soon.
"Would be nice if we got a break with how crazy things have been lately, though." Cualli looks around at the crowd of people, half searching for Gus. "It's kind of loud in here, maybe we should move out of the way?" she suggests. "Or at least go put our luggage away."

Tippy grabs Jaakko by the shoulder without addressing him and yanks him off into a random direction

"Lets get out of this crowd."

"stuff"

Jaakko lets Tippy drag him along.

"Where are you going exactly?" he asks, annoyed.

Gus steps off the cargo ramp, enjoying the first taste of fresh air and solid ground that wasn't in the middle of a war zone since the campaign began. He looks around a little aimlessly, electing to head towards Tandhjulsken's barracks for the moment until leave is announced or, on the off chance it isn't granted, until the carrier departs again. He looks around for Cualli briefly, but decides the matter is futile in the massive crowd, instead following the flow of people towards the rest of the base.