Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232446 times)

"Moratov is gonna be rough," she says before they come into the rec room.

Cualli sits with Arkhip, unzipping her jacket and trying to shake off the cold. Her gloves and hat get shoved into her inside pockets.

Gus walks to Jaakko and Tippy, pulling off his hat and gloves. "Hey you two."

"I don't know. I'm surprised anyone's alive to send me mail. Maybe Yukamos family."
Tippy inspects the sender's address if there is one
You don't recognize the address, so that rules out it being from Yukamo's family.

"Moratov is gonna be rough," she says before they come into the rec room.
Cualli sits with Arkhip, unzipping her jacket and trying to shake off the cold. Her gloves and hat get shoved into her inside pockets.
Arkhip is either still reading the letter or just staring through it, it's hard to tell which.

"Hey"

Tippy pulls out her knife and carefully opens the letter, unfolding the sheet inside.

Cualli looks over at Arkhip. "Hey," she greets. "What's the letter about?"

Gus watches Tippy open the letter for a moment before turning to Jaakko.

"Any plans for leave?"

"I don't know. I'm surprised anyone's alive to send me mail. Maybe Yukamos family."

Tippy inspects the sender's address if there is one

"Maybe," he remarks.

He looks to Gus.

"Nothing concrete yet I suppose,"

"We have the funerals to attend," Gus replies quietly. He rubs his hands together to warm them up.

"Someone ought to tell Raiden about Yui."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:44:54 PM by CypherX »

"Aside from that,"

Jaakko's tone grows somber.

"I can write Raiden about Yui. Hell, I'll be seeing the letter Bell sends to her family anyway probably,"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:46:54 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Alright."

Gus balls his fists a few times to get the blood moving, thinking of home once more.

"Hey"
Tippy pulls out her knife and carefully opens the letter, unfolding the sheet inside.
Inside the envelope is a long-winded, rambling letter from Nagato. It's clear she has no idea how to write formally, as she admits more than once throughout, but she's at least capable of getting her message across before running out of paper. To summarize, everything's hunky-dory in the Kintharian mainland, Coaxoch is staying with Musashi and adjusting to civilian life rather well, Xiaomei is completely reclusive and refuses to talk to anyone, and Nagato hopes everything's going well for Mjolnir. She finishes the letter by telling you to punch Yui in the arm for her.

Cualli looks over at Arkhip. "Hey," she greets. "What's the letter about?"
: It... uh... it isn't-

He just trails off.

Cualli looks at his face. "Are you okay? Is it... bad news?" she asks, audibly concerned.

Cualli looks at his face. "Are you okay? Is it... bad news?" she asks, audibly concerned.
He nods and hands you the papers.

Cualli takes the papers and, after another concerned glance at Arkhip, begins to read them.

Cualli takes the papers and, after another concerned glance at Arkhip, begins to read them.
It's a letter from a freight company regretfully informing the recipient that a relative of theirs was killed while on the job. A fishing trawler exploded in dock while offloading, with the cause of the explosion believed to be a Gothic torcreep. The notice is dated just a few days before the Tordenskjold's launch.