Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1210624 times)

Cualli smiles. "You sound eager," she observes. "I'll go wash up and get dressed quick, and then we can leave."

She finishes her breakfast and goes to figure out how to work Arkhip's shower, making sure to have the water plenty hot to compensate for the cold ambient air. She gently takes her hair out of its boxbraids, leaving it in near-shoulder-length, tight waves that only slightly relax after her hair is washed.

Despite how steamy the bathroom is after her shower, Cualli still finds herself shivering and gets dressed as quickly as she can. She pokes her head into the kitchen, looking for Arkhip and Elu.

"Okay," she says, running her fingers through her damp hair. "Ready when you guys are."
Eremit drives everyone out to the cable car running up to the temple on the side of the mountain. On the ride up, he simply stares out at the dockyards while Elu jitters in his seat, either from cold or excitement. Possibly both.

"Probably second floor. Then again I've forgotten the Kinth word for two."

Tippy flips the key card between her fingers and they head for their rooms
You arrive at your room and are reminded that everything in this country was designed for people about a head shorter than you. This is made most evident by the shower head being in a perfect spot to spray everything from the shoulders down.

Shivering in the non-heated cable car, Cualli leans on Arkhip as if to snuggle for warmth. She stares out of the window with him a while before noticing that Elu is shaking. "Are you okay?" she asks, reaching over to touch his arm. "Are you just excited?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:20:12 PM by carolcat »

Shivering in the non-heated cable car, Cualli leans on Arkhip as if to snuggle for warmth.
Arkhip puts his arm around you.

She stares out of the window with him a while before noticing that Elu is shaking. "Are you okay?" she asks, reaching over to touch his arm. "Are you just excited?"
: I am fine. Just excited.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:21:22 PM by Qwepir »

: I am fine. Just excited.
"I didn't think they'd have a temple of Nebolai out here," she muses, looking out the windows of the cable car. "What do you think it will be like?"

"I didn't think they'd have a temple of Nebolai out here," she muses, looking out the windows of the cable car. "What do you think it will be like?"
: I do not know what to expect. I hope there will be others like me, even though that seems improbable.

"Hope the beds aren't too short," Jaakko remarks, looking around the room.

"Hope the beds aren't too short," Jaakko remarks, looking around the room.
The beds are fine.

: I do not know what to expect. I hope there will be others like me, even though that seems improbable.
"Mm, yeah, I don't think you'll find other robot friends out there." She watches the scenery for a few moments, shifting to rest her head on Arkhip. "Would be nice though, wouldn't it?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:23:06 PM by carolcat »

"Mm, yeah, I don't think you'll find other robot friends out there." She watches the scenery for a few moments. "Would be nice though, wouldn't it?"
Elu nods.

The cable car reaches the top and you disembark. About a hundred feet away from where you step off lies the temple of Nebolai, layers upon layers of increasingly higher semicircle roofs capped off with a metal dome. The metal dome in the top has a vertical slit from which the light inside escapes, and the gradually rising profile of the building almost makes it resemble a mountain itself, albeit much smaller. Elu walks ahead of you and Arkhip towards it.

Cualli sticks with Arkhip, hooking her arm through his. Behind the scarf that's wrapped snugly around her face, she's smiling at Elu's eagerness. "I don't think I've ever seen him this excited," she comments, her tone warm. "It's so cute."

"Have you ever been out here before?" she asks, looking down at Arkhip.

Cualli sticks with Arkhip, hooking her arm through his. Behind the scarf that's wrapped snugly around her face, she's smiling at Elu's eagerness. "I don't think I've ever seen him this excited," she comments, her tone warm. "It's so cute."

"Have you ever been out here before?" she asks, looking down at Arkhip.
: Once or twice, out of curiosity.

You catch up to Elu and step inside. The inside walls are covered in old-fashioned murals of people wielding different kinds of tools, while the ceiling displays various constellations and stellar phenomenon. In the center of the ceiling is the three-eyed god himself. A few other people are present, but there's no service going on at the moment. A pair of elderly robed men are standing around an ornate, golden-trimmed reliquary at the end of the room, clearly holy men of some sort.

Cualli looks around, taking in the room. "Pretty," she murmurs, coming up to stand by Elu. "Well, what do you think?"

Cualli looks around, taking in the room. "Pretty," she murmurs, coming up to stand by Elu. "Well, what do you think?"
: What are all these pictures on the walls?

Elu speaking appears to have drawn the attention from the old men standing around the reliquary, and they stare at him with confused looks on their faces.

"Well," she says, resting a hand on Elu's shoulder. "In simplest terms... the walls show the progression of mankind, with all of the... I'm guessing notable thinkers and inventors of the past. And on the ceiling you have the stars-- I'm guessing this temple doubles as an observatory-- and in the center," Cualli points up, "is a depiction of Nebolai."

"Well," she says, resting a hand on Elu's shoulder. "In simplest terms... the walls show the progression of mankind, with all of the... I'm guessing notable thinkers and inventors of the past. And on the ceiling you have the stars-- I'm guessing this temple doubles as an observatory-- and in the center," Cualli points up, "is a depiction of Nebolai."
Elu wanders off to look closer at the murals.

: Have you ever been to one of these before? You seem to really know your stuff.