Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1218473 times)

Cualli hooks her arm through Arkhip's again, smiling at Elu's curiosity. "We'll be lucky if we can get him back home with us, huh?" she muses, her tone light.

" I'll meet you at the local airport then, I can message the details to you once I buy my tickets. Is there anything I should bring? I still have these rifles if Frisk would be interested in selling them."
"Huh. Transporting the rifles might be difficult after Crash blew up that plane. You might want to make sure they'll even let you take them in your baggage before you show up at the airport with a half a dozen 'machine guns'."

Cualli hooks her arm through Arkhip's again, smiling at Elu's curiosity. "We'll be lucky if we can get him back home with us, huh?" she muses, her tone light.
Eremit nods, seemingly lost in thought.

She gently tugs on his arm. "Hey, are you alright?" Cualli asks; her voice has gone quiet.

She gently tugs on his arm. "Hey, are you alright?" Cualli asks; her voice has gone quiet.
"I've just been thinking. About what happened at the docks."

He goes quiet for a moment, then begins talking again in a quieter voice.

"Guess I might as well explain what it is so I know I'm not just being too skeptical- I don't know that I believe the story that the explosion my dad died in came from a torcreep. I mean, the people in that submarine would have come all the way up here, slipped past the navy, and risked blowing their cover to blow up... a few tons of fish? I mean, if they wanted to interrupt shipping there are way bigger ships coming in and out every now and then if they would've waited; if they wanted to sow panic they could have launched a missile and leveled half the town; it just doesn't make sense."

"What do you think happened, then? There was an accident and the company is just trying to cover it up?"

"What do you think happened, then? There was an accident and the company is just trying to cover it up?"
"Maybe it was an accident, maybe it was the mob or something, I don't know. The submarine bit just isn't making sense to me."

"hmm, that's some good thinking. I'll be sure to register them before hand, if not I can just leave them with my kit here." Walter pauses for a moment as he messes through his bag " Is there anything in particular I should bring too? I'm planning to pack light so I don't have to wait a whole year in security for them to go through my stuff because of that hijacking."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:14:56 AM by Badger »

"The mob?" Cualli raises her eyebrows.

"The mob?" Cualli raises her eyebrows.
"I dunno, maybe the captain owed them money or something and they blew him up."

"hmm, that's some good thinking. I'll be sure to register them before hand, if not I can just leave them with my kit here." Walter pauses for a moment as he messes through his bag " Is there anything in particular I should bring too? I'm planning to pack light so I don't have to wait a whole year in security for them to go through my stuff because of that hijacking."
"Nah. Just the guns, if you can bring 'em anyway."

"I dunno, maybe the captain owed them money or something and they blew him up."
"Yeah, but... a mob? In Moratov?" Cualli stares at him. "Guess I thought this place was... too small, too quiet for anything like that."

"Yeah, but... a mob? In Moratov?" Cualli stares at him. "Guess I thought this place was... too small, too quiet for anything like that."
"Well- ...yeah. Maybe it is. Maybe I'm just trying too hard to rationalize it."

"Well- ...yeah. Maybe it is. Maybe I'm just trying too hard to rationalize it."
She shrugs. "I mean, it's really not my place to talk. I haven't lived here as long as you have, you know it better than me." Cualli watches Elu pore over the telescope before continuing. "This place just seemed... too isolated and whatnot for any kind of mobs or gangs to form. And too cold for them to really do anything." A shiver passes through her.

"Nah. Just the guns, if you can bring 'em anyway."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later. I want to get off this base sooner than later."

Tippy shrugs and goes out the door first, closing it behind her with Jaakko still on the other side.

She shrugs. "I mean, it's really not my place to talk. I haven't lived here as long as you have, you know it better than me." Cualli watches Elu pore over the telescope before continuing. "This place just seemed... too isolated and whatnot for any kind of mobs or gangs to form. And too cold for them to really do anything." A shiver passes through her.
"Well, the police busted some people for weapon smuggling a few years before the war, I think it was '09 or so. And back in '01 there was a big scare about kidnappings. My mom wouldn't even let me take the bus for the rest of the school year when that happened, she insisted on driving me there herself."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later. I want to get off this base sooner than later."
"Right. See ya!"
She hangs up.