Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1210423 times)

Arkhip takes a seat next to Cualli.
: I suppose we'll just go home and I'll cook something.
Cualli nods and leans on him again, watching the fog coming from his rebreather as it exhales for him. She watches the small cloud and listens to him for a few long moments.

"It is kind of nice out here, I guess," she says, finally breaking the silence. "Even if it's... horribly cold. The stars are so clear and pretty, and it's peaceful out, and..." she trails off, her cheeks flushing faintly at what she was going to say.

: Yup, pretty much. Frisk's been gradually pawning off our loot.

She lowers her voice.
: You wouldn't believe how much those bits and pieces of Helian rifle went for. I was only expecting a few hundred bucks.

Walter squints at Virvel and matches her tone

"I know how it's from Helios and all but they were just some chunks of metal when I cleaned that up. What kind of (military)spook did you sell it to?"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:27:57 PM by Badger »

Cualli nods and leans on him again, watching the fog coming from his rebreather as it exhales for him. She watches the small cloud and listens to him for a few long moments.

"It is kind of nice out here, I guess," she says, finally breaking the silence. "Even if it's... horribly cold. The stars are so clear and pretty, and it's peaceful out, and..." she trails off, her cheeks flushing faintly at what she was going to say.
: Yeah. I wouldn't mind vacationing here if I lived somewhere else, but... believe me, the dark and the cold starts to wear very thin after a while.

Walter squints at Virvel and matches her tone

"I know how it's from Helios and all but they were just some chunks of metal when I cleaned that up. What kind of (military)spook did you sell it to?"
: I didn't sell it to anyone. Frisk did. Dunno to who.

: Yeah. I wouldn't mind vacationing here if I lived somewhere else, but... believe me, the dark and the cold starts to wear very thin after a while.
"Why not vacation somewhere warmer during winter or something?" she suggests. "I dunno, somewhere... coastal? I've honestly never been on a proper beach before. Guess there would be a lot of people there, though." Cualli rubs her hands together in an attempt to keep her fingers warm.

: I didn't sell it to anyone. Frisk did. Dunno to who.

Walter scratches the side of his chin as he begins to speak

"Would you say more than the rifles or less? I don't believe it being worth that much for some shards of metal and glass."

"I'd like to see it, if you're willing to lead the way,"

"Alright. Let's go check it out then. I'll probably need to get another cab."

Tippy and Jaakko are going to the loving museum

"Why not vacation somewhere warmer during winter or something?" she suggests. "I dunno, somewhere... coastal? I've honestly never been on a proper beach before. Guess there would be a lot of people there, though." Cualli rubs her hands together in an attempt to keep her fingers warm.
Arkhip laughs a bit.
: It sure would be nice to have the money to vacation every winter. Or to even have enough to move out of here.

Walter scratches the side of his chin as he begins to speak

"Would you say more than the rifles or less? I don't believe it being worth that much for some shards of metal and glass."
: About the same. Maybe a little less.

"Alright. Let's go check it out then. I'll probably need to get another cab."

Tippy and Jaakko are going to the loving museum
After taking a train across town, Tippy and Jaakko reach the museum.

[12:27 AM] Luzaitis: The museum harkens to older, more traditional Kintharian architecture, with peaked roofs and tiled ceilings. At the same time, the scale of the building indicates that it was built with modern materials and technique, and likely houses a significant number of pieces within. The museum could easily be mistaken for a large temple, or a museum dedicated to ancient Kintharian history. At least, that would be the case if not for the Great War-era tank resting just outside.

"Maybe you will at some point," she shrugs. "Maybe after the war. If you could move anywhere, where would you go?"

"Ah sweet!" Tippy shouts striding up to the tank on display

Walter simply smiles and shakes his head

"I guess it was worth sweeping that's rubble up then. Let's go sit down and get something, I wouldn't mind some different food after being in medical for so long."

"Maybe you will at some point," she shrugs. "Maybe after the war. If you could move anywhere, where would you go?"
: Somewhere down south, if we ever get it back from the Imperium. Or just go to Mercana.

Walter simply smiles and shakes his head

"I guess it was worth sweeping that's rubble up then. Let's go sit down and get something, I wouldn't mind some different food after being in medical for so long."
Virvel gets Frisk and you're able to stow your bags in the trunk of his car before joining them at a booth. Virvel flags down the waiter and gets you a menu.

"Ah sweet!" Tippy shouts striding up to the tank on display
It's a Type 52 Medium tank, a late-war update of Kintharia's most commonly produced tank of the war. 18 tons, two machine guns, one 47mm cannon, and no more than 50 millimeters of armor anywhere on it. Needless to say, even with the upgrades, it did not stack up particularly favorably to contemporary Porlaqi, Gothic, or even Mercanan armor. Though it did see great success on the Xarian and Viertian fronts, where competition was slimmer.

"This is a damn good display. I've only ever seen 2 of these actually still being used... admittingly one as a repurposed bulldozer."

Tippy looks at Jaakko

"Looks like this is the place. I wonder if they're open or if it's the wrong time."

"I hope it's open,"

Jaakko looks over the tank.

"Feeling like a kid again?" he asks.

: Somewhere down south, if we ever get it back from the Imperium. Or just go to Mercana.
"Mm." Cualli gives up trying to warm her hands herself and puts them in Arkhip's. "I'd offer to let you visit or stay with me at home, but after I joined the military I've only ever lived in on-base housing, so... you've already done that," she says, giggling a little.

"I hope it's open,"

Jaakko looks over the tank.

"Feeling like a kid again?" he asks.

"Yeah sure. Something like that."