Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1231519 times)

She shrugs. "I'm game."
cualli's agi 31
roll: 4 - success

Cualli's first time skating goes remarkably well, all things considered. She picks up on how to stay balanced relatively quickly, and doesn't even fall down once, which is more than can be said for Arkhip. After embarrassing himself on the ice for a while, Eremit suggests the two of them grab lunch at a place across the street and proceed to spend the rest of the day at the recreation center. Due in no small part to the sky outside being the same no matter what time it is, it doesn't cross anyone's mind to pick up Elu until Eremit and Cualli are already driving back to his place.

"Mainly for the meat, If I did it for fun I'd just run out the population of wild animal there. It's fairly enjoyable to bag an animal or two on the weekend though and then turn it into a bunch of meat that I can freeze or dry out for later."
: ...Thats it? You just eat wild animals? That's nasty, what if they're diseased or something?

"I didn't think I'd be that good at skating," Cualli says, beaming with pride in herself. "I felt so graceful."

She turns to look back at Elu. "How was it at the temple?"

: ...Thats it? You just eat wild animals? That's nasty, what if they're diseased or something?

"That's what curing or cooking is for. I usually take the game to another guy in town who is more proficient at butchering and preparing meat than me, and I let him keep some in return as there's plenty to go around. Sometimes I come out of my cave too and get some chili fries with a burger."

Walter chuckles and motions towards wherever the waiter had headed off to.

Tippy and Jaakko go to look at the Torcreep boat
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:09:02 PM by Tayasaurus »

"I didn't think I'd be that good at skating," Cualli says, beaming with pride in herself. "I felt so graceful."

She turns to look back at Elu. "How was it at the temple?"
But Elu isn't there, and Arkhip thinks you're speaking at him.
: What? Oh. stuff.

He makes sure the coast is clear, then pulls a U-turn at the next stoplight. Before you know it you're back at the temple, taking Elu off the monks' hands. They insist he was no trouble and behaved himself.

"That's what curing or cooking is for. I usually take the game to another guy in town who is more proficient at butchering and preparing meat than me, and I let him keep some in return as there's plenty to go around. Sometimes I come out of my cave too and get some chili fries with a burger."

Walter chuckles and motions towards wherever the waiter had headed off to.
: That sounds positively medieval. You guys invent currency up there yet, or do you operate everything on a barter system?

Virvel snickers at Frisk's remark and the waiter returns with your food.

Tippy and Jaakko go to look at the Torcreep boat
Several specifications are listed about the class of boat- 4 torcreep tubes, two triple-MG mounts, depth charges, max speed 30 knots, etc etc. The plaque seems to be making absolutely sure that you know it was superior to its Mercanan counterpart in every single way except for speed. It even goes as far as to say it was even feared by Battleships when squadroned up, as "the main batteries were too cumbersome to land accurate fire against a such a fast-moving and numerous foe". Doesn't actually cite any actual engagements where a battleship was engaged by these, though.

Tippy reads the description and grins

"Sometimes I forget that every nation has a certain level of self inflation when it comes to their toys. Aesthia would probably take up #1 in the list though for sure."

"So what all did you do?" Cualli asks Elu.

"Everyone knows the Aesthian fishing boat was the best patrol craft of the war," Jaakko remarks.

He thinks back to the Kinth assault rifle.

"I wonder if my grandpa still has AM-52 or if he's lost it,"

"So what all did you do?" Cualli asks Elu.
: They let me look at the planets, then showed me how the telescope works. Then one of them read scripture to me from a book, and they let me keep the book.

Elu holds up a medium-sized, leather-bound book.
: Then they showed me what was in that golden box. It was a gun. Nebolai bestowed it upon Saint Valdimarr during the late fourth millenium to fight off Gothic invaders. They said it could burn an Imperial ship to ashes with a single shot. It doesn't work anymore though.

"It's mainly the farms that just trade among eachother, we get eggs from another farmer and they can get something like milk from us. If they don't want it we just buy it off them. Contrary to popular belief we do have there cash as we have to buy a bunch of machinery parts time to time."

Walter picks up a chili fry and pops it in his mouth, making an audible noise of agreement to the flavour.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:38:25 PM by Badger »

Cualli watches him, smiling at his perceived excitement. "What else?"

Cualli watches him, smiling at his perceived excitement. "What else?"
Elu stows the book away in a tool compartment on his back, and pulls out a set of heavy, navy blue robes.
: They also gave me these, and showed me how to use them.

He puts the robes on. They look similar to the ones the other monks wore, but much less ornate.
: I like them.

"It's mainly the farms that just trade among eachother, we get eggs from another farmer and they can get something like milk from us. If they don't want it we just buy it off them. Contrary to popular belief we do have there cash as we have to buy a bunch of machinery parts time to time."
Walter picks up a chili fry and pops it in his mouth, making an audible noise of agreement to the flavour.
: Yeah, you probably have to buy new parts for the village catapult to protect against roving bands of brigands.

Virvel elbows you in the shoulder after eyeing your plate.
: I'll give you one silver piece for a handful of fries!

Virvel elbows you in the shoulder after eyeing your plate.
: I'll give you one silver piece for a handful of fries!

Walter smiles and shakes his head, picking up the burger and pushing the plate over between them

"help yourself."

He takes a large bite of the burger, and nods his head slightly in agreement as he chews, not having eaten in awhile since before the plane ride.

She looks them over, feeling at the fabric. "They look nice on you," Cualli agrees.

"Do you want to go home and get some rest?"

She looks them over, feeling at the fabric. "They look nice on you," Cualli agrees.
: Thank you.

"Do you want to go home and get some rest?"
: Yes.

Walter smiles and shakes his head, picking up the burger and pushing the plate over between them
"help yourself."
He takes a large bite of the burger, and nods his head slightly in agreement as he chews, not having eaten in awhile since before the plane ride.
Virvel takes some of the fries and the two of them let you eat in peace, talking with each other about sports.