Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1230119 times)

"Well, back when Elu couldn't read, he'd have me read the hellige boeker to him, especially the books over Nebolai. And since there were people like Morten attending temple, I would always accompany Elu to services." She watches Elu, pushing her hands into her pockets. "I've never been to a temple of Nebolai, no, but I've read and learned plenty about him while reading for Elu. Enough to understand the depictions here."

"Well, back when Elu couldn't read, he'd have me read the hellige boeker to him, especially the books over Nebolai. And since there were people like Morten attending temple, I would always accompany Elu to services." She watches Elu, pushing her hands into her pockets. "I've never been to a temple of Nebolai, no, but I've read and learned plenty about him while reading for Elu. Enough to understand the depictions here."
Arkhip nods.
: Can he not read himself?

While you were explaining things to Arkhip, Elu has gone over to and is now bothering the men in robes with questions.

"Not yet. I'm trying to teach him. I mean, he knows a few things from when he was... with the Imperials, enough to get his job done, but not enough to read."

Cualli notices where Elu has gone off to and a look of alarm crosses her face. "Uh-oh." She hurries over to Elu and rests a hand on his shoulder, looking to see if he's caused any trouble.

"Not yet. I'm trying to teach him. I mean, he knows a few things from when he was... with the Imperials, enough to get his job done, but not enough to read."

Cualli notices where Elu has gone off to and a look of alarm crosses her face. "Uh-oh." She hurries over to Elu and rests a hand on his shoulder, looking to see if he's caused any trouble.
He apparently has not caused trouble, and is asking the long-bearded monks questions about what this building is, why it exists, what's inside it, etc. While one of them fields his questions and begins explaining what the telescope up top is for, the other turns to Cualli.

"Does this... is this yours, by any chance?"

"Yeah, he's my so- er, robot. Well, not mine, I don't own him, but I'm considered his... handler, I guess. His name is Elu." She gives the monk an apologetic look. "I hope he's not causing any problems by being here; he was really excited to come out and visit."

"Yeah, he's my so- er, robot. Well, not mine, I don't own him, but I'm considered his... handler, I guess. His name is Elu." She gives the monk an apologetic look. "I hope he's not causing any problems by being here; he was really excited to come out and visit."
The monk looks over at Elu. With the hood covering much of the upper half of his face, and the beard obscuring most of the bottom half, it's difficult to gauge his expression.

"I see. And how did he come into your possession?"

"I don't know exactly how he came onto the base I work at, but I kind of took him in. He helps me with aircraft repairs and just kind of follows me everywhere."

She watches Elu for a few moments. "Um, this is a weird question, but do you know where I could get him something to wear? The cold here is too extreme for him and I don't want him to get hurt by his internal fluids freezing."

"I don't know exactly how he came onto the base I work at, but I kind of took him in. He helps me with aircraft repairs and just kind of follows me everywhere." She watches Elu for a few moments.
"Ah. I apologize if I am asking too many questions, it's just not a common sight to see. In fact, In all my years I've never seen a machine walking and talking before, let alone asking questions."

"Um, this is a weird question, but do you know where I could get him something to wear? The cold here is too extreme for him and I don't want him to get hurt by his internal fluids freezing."
"Hmm..."
The monk stops to think, during which you hear Elu asking if he can go up and see the telescope.
"All we could offer you here is a set of robes. There are not as many of us here as there used to be, so it would be no grave loss to give them away."

also, everyone in sickbay is now better and free to go do their own things

"I think he would love to have a set of robes, actually. He's kind of an avid follower of Nebolai," Cualli says, smiling. "He considers him his creator."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:08:50 PM by carolcat »

Walter after packing up his possessions, as predicted finds the time to call the number Virvel left for him.

"Hope the beds aren't too short," Jaakko remarks, looking around the room.

Tippy throws her bag at the end of the bed closest to her and sits on the edge. She pulls off her heavy boots and opts for a pair of white sneakers. She then pulls her hair back into a short ponytail.

"If you want to just rest for a little bit I won't blame you." She says as she flips on the TV to test it out.

"I think he would love to have a set of robes, actually. He's kind of an avid follower of Nebolai," Cualli says, smiling. "He considers him his creator."
The monk nods.
"That is fascinating. I would have never expected a machine to possess a spiritual side, especially not one like him. I have been to Helios before myself, and none of the robots I encountered there seemed to be willing to speak about anything not relevant to their function."

Walter after packing up his possessions, as predicted finds the time to call the number Virvel left for him.
A female voice picks up.
"Hello?"

"Is this Klara? This is Walter"

Walter takes a moment to look over his new legs again since he received them.

"Fascinating. I would have never expected a machine to possess a spiritual side, especially not one like him. I have been to Helios before myself, and none of the robots I encountered there seemed to be willing to speak about anything not relevant to their function."
"Well, from my understanding, the Helian constructs have regular memory wipes to prevent them from gaining awareness. Elu has been without one for at least two years now. He's... a bit like a kid, I guess, if kids were always incredibly well-behaved and would always do what they're asked."

"I hope you aren't bothered by him being here. The first time I brought him to the temple on the base I work at, I kinda got told he was an affront to the gods and got hit in the face." Cualli shrugs. "But I still bring him and I still read the hellige boeker to him, I just make sure that I'm always with him because I'm afraid of him getting hurt."

"Is this Klara? This is Walter"

Walter takes a moment to look over his new legs again since he received them.
"Yeah, what's up? You back on your feet yet? Well, not your feet, obviously."

"Well, from my understanding, the Helian constructs have regular memory wipes to prevent them from gaining awareness. Elu has been without one for at least two years now. He's... a bit like a kid, I guess, if kids were always incredibly well-behaved and would always do what they're asked."

"I hope you aren't bothered by him being here. The first time I brought him to the temple on the base I work at, I kinda got told he was an affront to the gods and got hit in the face." Cualli shrugs. "But I still bring him and I still read the hellige boeker to him, I just make sure that I'm always with him because I'm afraid of him getting hurt."
"Oh, no, we're not bothered at all. So long as he behaves himself we have no reason to ask him to leave. We aren't like those other temples."