ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232107 times)

I max the trim settings and increase the angle of attack on my right wing's flap to the takeoff setting before raising my left wing's flap entirely. I break off in a wide, descending turn as I attempt to maintain airspeed. Then I cut the hydraulic lines from the left wing, after locking the flap.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday. I've lost half of my tail and my wings can't take much more. Engines fell out with the rest of the missing tail."

I turn towards friendly ground forces, and search for a field. I jettison my fuel load and deploy the auxillery power unit.

I begin using the remaining rudder as a means of extra roll authority.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:22:46 AM by Juncoph »

it's late, no more updates tonight
post your commands but i won't update til tomorrow

I try to stay on the Tukreb's tail, firing lasers at its engines. I look around for anyone else that might try to engage me.

Bell engages Paladius by diving down vertically towards the Turkreb and firing off her LCP while releasing a heat-seeker.

sorry about that guys, i had to go to a birthday party and then i went to sleep

i'll catch up hold on

I bank around, and try to get on Ulrich's tail.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:26:06 AM by blockguy™ »

Official Thread Music

I max the trim settings and increase the angle of attack on my right wing's flap to the takeoff setting before raising my left wing's flap entirely. I break off in a wide, descending turn as I attempt to maintain airspeed. Then I cut the hydraulic lines from the left wing, after locking the flap.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday. I've lost half of my tail and my wings can't take much more. Engines fell out with the rest of the missing tail."

I turn towards friendly ground forces, and search for a field. I jettison my fuel load and deploy the auxillery power unit.

I begin using the remaining rudder as a means of extra roll authority.
Your squadmates having apparently abandoned you, Jensen is able to attack again unchallenged. He swings back around, approaching from below and behind, and shears your left wing off with a beam laser. Your plane begins dropping out of the sky.

I try to stay on the Tukreb's tail, firing lasers at its engines. I look around for anyone else that might try to engage me.
You pour as much fire into the Tukreb as you can before it manages to break out of your gunsights. You look to the right just in time to see a gauss slug fly over your nose, courtesy of Hetzer.

I bank around, and try to get on Ulrich's tail.
You make an attempt, but aren't quite able to get on his backside on this pass.

Bell engages Paladius by diving down vertically towards the Turkreb and firing off her LCP while releasing a heat-seeker.
He gets hit by the laser but drops flares and breaks right, leaving Walt free to go.
: [Sir, there's too many of them! What are we supposed to do against this many planes?]
: [Remain calm. I'll get us some help. To any Allied planes, this is Onyx Squadron, we need immediate assistance. Aesthian aircraft outnumber us by a significant margin.]
: [We're on it!] Alright every-one, it is time to ditch this turkey shoot, we are needed at a real fight!
: Yes Ma'am!

A flight of Huit planes break off from the main engagement and start heading towards you. Meanwhile, Telarius manages to turn the tables on Nagato.
: Where the hell did he go? No way he can maneuver that tight!
: He's above you at five o' clock.
: How the fu-

The Imperial plane launches one of its vortex missiles at Nagato, striking her topside. The running lights on her plane flicker out and her comms go to static as her plane begins tumbling out of control.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:52:25 AM by Qwepir »

I go in to get Telarius after I notice Nagato's plane spinning out of control.
I double back and make another attempt to get on hissomeone's tail.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:32:17 AM by blockguy™ »

I look around and see Junkers' plane falling out of the sky.
"stuff, another one's down!"
I see the Gauss shell fly right over the nose of my plane.
"Okay, that was close! Moving to engage Jensen, could I get some support?"
I turn to try and keep up with Jensen, trying to pepper him with laserfire and firing a heatseeker at him.

nagato's just stalled she hasn't gone down

I eject. For an ejection, it was pretty soft, all things considered. Probably due to the loss of airspeed.

Looking over the countryside, it would appear that my endeavor paid off. I'm dropping into friendly ground forces.

"Thanks for the help," I say, before dropping the mic towards the ground below.

nagato's just stalled she hasn't gone down
ah, read that wrong

Official Thread Music

I go in to get Telarius after I notice Nagato's plane spinning out of control.
I double back and make another attempt to get on hissomeone's tail.
He's on the defensive, but it's proving difficult to get on his tail.

I turn to try and keep up with Jensen, trying to pepper him with laserfire and firing a heatseeker at him.
Try as you might, you simply cannot keep up with him. The missile goes wide, and you don't land any significant hits with the Pulse Laser.

I eject.
Guerra pulls the ejection handle, but some the explosive bolts fail to blow on the roosterpit canopy. The seat then launches from the plane, propelling him headfirst into the canopy that failed to clear the plane and snapping his neck like a twig. Needless to say, he is killed instantly.

Nagato's comms come back as her plane continues to plummet to the ground.
: stuff! I can't forgetin' see! I've lost all control and I can't see a damn thing!
: Eject!
: I c- I can't find the handle! I can't find the loving handle!

Making matters worse, the Huit reinforcements arrive in the area. A Shiva, a Tukreb, and three Rafales.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:52:44 AM by Qwepir »

The pursuer breaks off, and I assist my fellow pilot in attacking my old pursuer.

New IFF contacts. Huitz.

"Oh, Huitz! I've been waiting a long time!" I shrill, foaming at the mouth.

I hose down Telarius, but he quickly falls out of gun range. I fire the afterburners in pursuit and prepare an HSM.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:14:02 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

rip

Bell disengages from her direct pursuit of Paladius and focuses on closing the distance between her and closes in on Telarius while trying to avoid enemy fire.

"Oh, Huitz! I've been waiting a long time!" I shrill, foaming at the mouth.

"...."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:18:02 PM by Operator¹ »

and focuses on closing the distance between her and closes in on  while trying to avoid enemy fire.
?????

ok here's 2.0

Name: Nick Helm
Nickname: Yes-Man
Piloting Preference: Multipurpose aircraft
Backstory: Hailing from Helios, Nick is extremely tech savvy, and knows the language. Unfortunately his family didn't bring any tech when they migrated, but hey. Anyway, they moved because they wanted a good view of the world outside Helios. This was all when he was 13, though. When the war broke out, he decided he'd like to see what the front lines are like. So he enlisted, and ended up becoming a pilot.
Picture:no sorry
Personality: There is a reason his callsign is Yes-Man. It's tough to get him down, and he has an uncanny disregard for death. Life is something of a game to him, and he's enjoying it.
Description:: 6'2, although he's thin. Blonde, and of course, blue eyes.

look what i made

btw im ok with guerra dying but im just saying that the large majority of aircraft that can eject are designed for the seat to smash through the canopy if the canopy doesn't come off on its own

its kind of an obviously necessary failsafe
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:27:34 PM by Juncoph »