ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232445 times)

Jaakko appears in the ready room. His eyes shift to the unusually uppity music playing from a speaker. Imperial and any word that had any connotations of 'fun' were antonyms to him. The pilots look young. Maybe the Imperials hadn't beaten the life out of them yet.

He makes his way to his squadron mates.

Tippy arrives and follows jaakko

"Hey"

Jaakko gives a weak smile.

"Hey Tippy. How are you feeling?"

Jaakko gives a weak smile.

"Hey Tippy. How are you feeling?"
"Better, kinda. I assume the same for you?"

"Eh-"

Jaakko looks to the floor for a moment.

"Well I felt better before the brought aboard what was left of Mjolnir after that last fight,"

"I wish there was something I could say to help you feel better. But given whats happened we just need to hang tough. I still loving hate this place."

Jaakko thinks quietly for a few moments.

"Time would help. And a more certain future would help," he says, "Would help ease the stress, that is."

He scans the others in the room.

"I'd bet we've been called here because they expect Tarkirov to make his move soon. They're so upbeat considering we're moving to stop a nuclear attack,"

: [It's not ridiculous, it'll all make sense once I show you my sources. Ajka believes me, right Ajka?][/size]

Ajka half-heartedly replies, paying more attention to the song than to his rambling. "Uh huh. It makes a lot of sense when you put some good thought into it," she says, "Porlaq invading Aesthia really was just a false flag by the trogs to bolster their own standing in the world."

Name: Ajka Gerowitz
Piloting Preference (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground, or Multirole): Multirole
Backstory: Born in a small city on the Aurussica-Zentragothan border, Ajka demonstrated an aptitude for aviation and an enthusiasm for combat at an early age, and joined the Imperial Air Force as a fighter pilot at the age of 20. She fought in several major battles, becoming a minor ace, before being downed over Matlanta by a Kintharian air unit and sustaining severe injuries. After an extensive two-year convalescence in a military hospital Ajka recovered and was reactivated as a fighter pilot. She was assigned to the Aesthian auxillary unit in part to discourage any potential seditious behavior.
Description: Rather diminutive at 155 cm, her protracted stay in a military hospital and the nature of her wounds has led her to adopt a pallid complexion and a stringy build. More pessimistic onlookers have wondered if she is even prepared for the physical rigors of combat aviation. She has the short brown hair and tan (albeit pale) complexion common to Zentragoths. Light blue eyes.
Personality: Normally upbeat for an Imperial and eager to fight, her absence and prolonged recuperation has given her a dour demeanor since her reactivation.
Picture

Ellie follows Markus.

"[Heh, you must've shown up on TV or something.]"

Bell gets a quick drink of water before she slumps in a chair, trying to catch up on some sleep.

Ash and Lorens are among the last pilots to enter the ready room. The two move through the crowd silently and take whatever seats are available.

Jaakko thinks quietly for a few moments.

"Time would help. And a more certain future would help," he says, "Would help ease the stress, that is."

He scans the others in the room.

"I'd bet we've been called here because they expect Tarkirov to make his move soon. They're so upbeat considering we're moving to stop a nuclear attack,"

"Eh. They can feel what they want. As long as they prevent a catastrophe like the Kintharians are sooo sure they will. I'm not holding my breath."

Walter thanks Arkhip then moves to an empty chair at the side of the room and shuts his eyes as he waits.
Virvel takes the seat next to you, in the row in front of Arkhip.
: You two lovebirds on a movie date now?

Markus comes over, curious to see what's going on.
: [Are you Markus Hermann? The guy that stayed in the bombardment zone to save those cadets?]

Ajka half-heartedly replies, paying more attention to the song than to his rambling. "Uh huh. It makes a lot of sense when you put some good thought into it," she says, "Porlaq invading Aesthia really was just a false flag by the trogs to bolster their own standing in the world."
: [That's not what I said, Porlaq is using Aesthia, not the other way around. What's their Sky Marshal's name again? Talkirov? That's not an Aesthian name, Aesthians have names like "Gunderson" or "Engstrom". Anything ending in -ov is a Porlaqi name. The pikes are behind this whole mess, I know it.]
: [You know, now that I think about it, that gun cam footage had to be from a Shikra, which as far as I'm aware is extremely rare in Aesthian hands. Nothing else can carry the kind of firepower it showed off. And that guy, sitting over there, showed up here in a Shikra with a bigger gun on it.]
: [Think he's the one that killed Marcus?]
: [I wouldn't accuse him of it, yet, but think about it- they'd probably give their rebuilt Shikra to someone who already knows the platform it was based on, and how many Aesthian pilots do you think got a chance to familiarize themselves with one? I think it's worth asking, at least.]

The pilots glance at Akja, as though expecting her to be the one to do it by merit of her speaking the most fluent Aesthian of the group.

Virvel takes the seat next to you, in the row in front of Arkhip.
: You two lovebirds on a movie date now?

Walter nods awake again unimpressed and then looks around for a brief moment and sees virvel before jokingly replying

"Yeah, I hope you're not too jealous you were left out. You're free to join in."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:18:10 AM by Badger »

"[...yes, I am, why do you ask?]"

: [I wouldn't accuse him of it, yet, but think about it- they'd probably give their rebuilt Shikra to someone who already knows the platform it was based on, and how many Aesthian pilots do you think got a chance to familiarize themselves with one? I think it's worth asking, at least.]

The pilots glance at Ajka, as though expecting her to be the one to do it by merit of her speaking the most fluent Aesthian of the group.

Ajka detaches herself from the radio and gets up out of her seat.

[I'll ask him. The odds of him giving us a straight answer outright probably aren't very good, though.]

She sighs.

[I've been assigned to their unit anyways, I'm going to have to get acclimated anyways.]

She stares across the room, her eyes fixed on the pilot slouched over in a chair, speaking to another Aesthian turncoat. Ajka walks over to the pair and starts to talk to Walt in near-fluent Aesthian, with only an occasional grammatical error or pronunciation blunder. She manages to put on a faint smile and speaks in a polite tone.

"Hello. I'm Captain Gerowitz."

She sticks out her right hand, ready for a handshake.

"I've been assigned to your auxiliary unit. Since we seem to be short on time for introductions, I thought I'd get it done now."