Author Topic: TotalRPG - Full featured RPG event system (HUD Extension support)  (Read 36059 times)

Yeah, I can add that in the next update. I found a possible memory leak that I'll be addressing in that update as well.

Would it be possible to make a command that lets you check key items?
Like... see what keys you have? That would be great.

I've just pushed out an update that is extremely important because it fixes a severe issue with the saving system. Everyone should update immediately.

The problem is that the save system was merging normal inventory items and key items when loading a player's profile. This means that players would lose key items (all except the last one they acquired), and their key item list would be filled with items from their normal inventory. I've fixed the issue now, but people may run into problems with the fact that items from their inventory were saved into their key item list, which could cause conflicts in the future. To fix this issue, you may consider purging the save files or using a macro to find and remove any items that shouldn't be in the key item saves.

Also included in the update:
  - Fixed garbage objects being created regarding quests (low risk)
  - Added /keyItems command which allows a player to view their key items.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:03:11 AM by Pecon »

(Slaps all the comments off the screen. Types in a comment) Yes.

Wow. A brand new replacement for VCE that's 100 times easier than going through and almost memorizing all the codes required for things in VCE.

To this day, even when I lost access to VCE, I still remember some codes, such as <var:client:score> is required to show someone their score in a message.

How do you delete everything. Like if you want to start all over, with skills, money, and items

How do you delete everything. Like if you want to start all over, with skills, money, and items
Easiest way is to disconnect and delete your save folder in config/server/TotalRPG/Default/yourid

Wow. A brand new replacement for VCE that's 100 times easier than going through and almost memorizing all the codes required for things in VCE.

To this day, even when I lost access to VCE, I still remember some codes, such as <var:client:score> is required to show someone their score in a message.

It doesn't replace VCE? This is an questing event system which allows inexperienced players to easily create RPG-like games with simple events. Users with advanced VCE-knowledge can do the same things and more. I would like to see what this could do paired with VCE, however

OT:
Reminds me of a polished this
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=247822.0
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:44:29 AM by Goth77 »

There's just two things I'm confused about..
1 How do I make it where it requires a certain level to hit it down!? #2 How do I make it where the thing I'm hitting has health? NVM. Found out how.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:09:19 AM by ultimateZAX »

Also if it isn't too much to ask, could you add a toggleable feature that makes it require gold to place bricks?

Also if it isn't too much to ask, could you add a toggleable feature that makes it require gold to place bricks?
I can do that.

I can do that.

thank you kindly :)

with the building requiring gold, I could effectively recreate DRPG except less grindy and more actiony

I forgot to mention that I pushed out an update that added the building cost feature IkeTheGeneric requested a few days ago. It's disabled by default, but you can enable it by setting $pref::server::TotalRPG::enableBrickCost to true. The $pref::server::TotalRPG::BrickCostMultiplier value is 20 by default, which makes bricks cost 1 gold per 1x1f brick worth in area. You can adjust it to be more or less according to your needs. Brick cost always rounds up to the nearest gold.

There are some issues with this, reasonably you would expect leveling up to be harder once you get to Higher levels. however the same amount of EXP is required every time you level.

ex.

I'm level 50 To get to Level 51 I need 200 xp

I'm level 5 To get to Level 6 I need 200 xp

Been trying to find simple work around but VCE Is still the best option."

Another thing that I should state is that The skill you acquire lets say WOODCUTTING isn't VCE Compatible, so if say you wanted to check your EXP Through a brick or use it for something else   <var:client:WOODCUTTING> Does not work.