Author Topic: Hearthstone Megathread | Officially P2W  (Read 9495 times)

TAVERN BRAWL BOYS NEFARIAN VS. RAGNAROS TIME

TAVERN BRAWL BOYS NEFARIAN VS. RAGNAROS TIME
won the first game, got the pack, unpacked a legendary
grommash hellscream (warrior only)

won the first game, got the pack, unpacked a legendary
grommash hellscream (warrior only)
forget you omfg my friend got velen and i got 4 commons and a rare (all of them i already had)

why the forget is nefarian so much better than rag lol

why the forget is nefarian so much better than rag lol
I played and Beat Nefarian by a landslide. I think part of the issue is that the whole 'get a random spell' thing is pretty volatile, so you could get screwed from your opponent getting the right spells, or you could be fine because your opponent got 10 conceals.

i think it's that he starts with 5 mana. if he goes second, he can turn 1 vaelastrasz due to coin, then play like 2 other things on the first turn

yeah the 5 mana is loving crazy

Tavern brawl is kinda of a let down imo.  It's an agro deck starting with 5 mana against a control deck.  Unless you get the god draw and the other player is really unlucky with the hero power, Rag loses every time.  Wish they would've introduced some of the card picking mechanics with the first brawl.  Also the hero skins should switch some of the default cards.  Like if you're playing as Garrosh the Gorehowl makes sense lore-wise.  If you switch the dwarf class it should be the same card stat wise and mechanic wise, but should reskin itself to make sense lore-wise.  That's the only way I'll be buying a hero skin.  Just changing the look of my character and the emotes for $10 is not really value if you ask me.

Anyways I've created a really cool Control Warrior deck with its own spin, and I finally got my golden warrior :))

I'm still saving up. Have they announced what the next set will be yet?

A new tavern brawl appeared

im really tired of this game
> turn 1 mana wyrm
> cant do much aside from hero power as pally
> turn 2 mana wyrm, coin, mirror images
> okay, 3/3 x2 on board this is probably a lost game
> turn 3 sorcerer's apprentice, unstable portal
> ...hero power again
> turn 4 GAZLOWE, FROSTBOLT
> at this point i am at 6 health
> turn 5 mechwarper from gazlowe, piloted shredder
> can only clear one more thing, say shredder because forget it, 1 health
> Nat Pagle
> The victory is yours.

the tavern brawl this week is pretty stuff imho.  i really wish the summoned creatures would be based of the cards original mana cost.  like if you have a sorc apprentice and use flamestrike you only get a 6 cost minion instead of 7.  not to mention winning with minion/weapon heavy classes is basically impossible.

anyways on the actual game, new update was 'leaked' by Blizzard.  Something about the Argent Tournament.  I really loving hope this is going to be the start of expansions based on a single class and this will be Paladins.  Getting half a million new neutral cards (GvG) doesn't really upset the game for long and within a week or so it's basically useless because everyone has found the perfect neutrals so they don't play any of the others.  class cards are usually more flexible and can create more meta types.  oh and if we could like stop these loving aggro decks I'd be delighted.

oh and if we could like stop these loving aggro decks I'd be delighted.
Yes, more cheap boardwipes like explosive sheep please.

the tavern brawl this week is pretty stuff imho.  i really wish the summoned creatures would be based of the cards original mana cost.  like if you have a sorc apprentice and use flamestrike you only get a 6 cost minion instead of 7.  not to mention winning with minion/weapon heavy classes is basically impossible.

anyways on the actual game, new update was 'leaked' by Blizzard.  Something about the Argent Tournament.  I really loving hope this is going to be the start of expansions based on a single class and this will be Paladins.  Getting half a million new neutral cards (GvG) doesn't really upset the game for long and within a week or so it's basically useless because everyone has found the perfect neutrals so they don't play any of the others.  class cards are usually more flexible and can create more meta types.  oh and if we could like stop these loving aggro decks I'd be delighted.
aggro vs control
aggro is king until control comes back into the meta
then people complain about slow, boring games
then control is overcome by aggro
then people complain about instantly losing

Bump for how balanced unstable portal is