Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 33957 times)

Not what I was talking about, that's not finished yet. The approve/reject buttons have been moved to a separate page, which allows for retroactively bargain-binning add-ons.

Not what I was talking about, that's not finished yet. The approve/reject buttons have been moved to a separate page, which allows for retroactively bargain-binning add-ons.
Cool.

EDIT: Whenever I try to upload one of my add-ons it says
Code: [Select]
Invalid or nonsequential version format.

SemVer error: Version string not numeric
I've tried using 3 and 3.0.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:57:24 AM by jes00 »

It may be a problem with the previous version. I'll check. What add-on are you trying to update?

It may be a problem with the previous version. I'll check. What add-on are you trying to update?
http://blocklandglass.com/addon.php?id=90

Bargain bin does not show up, even though it says there are two add-ons in said category.

Both the add-ons in it have been failed by their authors, I'll adjust the counting.

It is, if you need to dynamically make functions or datablocks. For example allowing the host to change a /command via preferences and similar things.
Except the host can do that through the console... Unless he's going to want his admins/superadmins to be able to do it, in which case all they need is a singular, easily traceable eval mod. No plethora of functions to need to be wary of.

I also can't think of a single case where it would be absolutely necessary for an addon to overwrite its own code.

Except the host can do that through the console...
No add-on should require the host to type anything in the console.

It's clearly a matter of opinion. There are some places where eval can be validated when it comes to terms of usability. Sure, it can be avoided, but not always easily. Eval can be used safely.

Cool.

EDIT: Whenever I try to upload one of my add-ons it says
Code: [Select]
Invalid or nonsequential version format.

SemVer error: Version string not numeric
I've tried using 3 and 3.0.0

Should be fixed now!

Okay, so, apparently when you update the add-on, it doesn't update the add-on page's branch download button, and keeps downloading the first file that was ever uploaded to that branch. I cannot get out any new version of any add-on I have.

It appears the Reviewer system broke the updates. It's been fixed. If you've updated any add-ons over the past few days, I urge you to update them again as they haven't been pushed correctly.

Updates and change-logs are now included in the comments of an add-on.

RTB Imports have been implemented. First, upload the add-on to Glass. After that, your add-on on the RTB Archive, then select the add-on you wish to "import" it to. After three reviewer approvals, anyone who has both your old RTB add-on and the latest version of glass will automatically be brought up to speed!

edit: put this in a github issue

edit2: I think I left the github organization a little while ago. (I was in it because of the original BLG)

edit3: Love the change logs being displayed in the comments.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:42:08 PM by Greek2me »