Poll

print((CFrame.Angles(math.pi, 0, 0) * CFrame.new(0, 1, 0)).Y)

Author Topic: [THREAD MOVED]  (Read 459294 times)

alot of reasons like him saying he doesnt want his name in a screenshot
also:

Oh great, one of those kids who use American stereotypes as what americans are really. Its like an American child calling a French person a cheese-eating surrender monkey and constantly harping on that.

Oh great, one of those kids who use American stereotypes as what americans are really. Its like an American child calling a French person a cheese-eating surrender monkey and constantly harping on that.
youre thinking of wisconsin not france

roblox suddenly kaplooted and gave a "The service is unavailable." page to me, a lot of other people are also saying the same thing

wtf happened

edit: or, people say its back but... egh it's confusing
edit 2: never mind it's basically going back and forth between "roblox is down" and "roblox is back up"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:17:53 PM by Blue Screen »

Some of them like Graphictoria were using roblox's assets without permission.
When the site was up, you could upload your own shirts, and it used an exact copy of the shirt/pants template from roblox with some words changed. Although they weren't hurting roblox in any way financially, I would be pissed off if a group of young adults just took my stuff without asking.

except they make literally no profit from it. disney hasn't taken down servers for toontown because they don't make profit off of their game and their assets.

except they make literally no profit from it. disney hasn't taken down servers for toontown because they don't make profit off of their game and their assets.
yeah but toontown official servers are shut down, dmca'ing graphictoria is still stuffty though

yeah but toontown official servers are shut down, dmca'ing graphictoria is still stuffty though

i meant toontown private servers

i meant toontown private servers
yeah but there's a difference to reviving a dead game and hosting a previous version of a game that's still alive
note im not supporting roblox, blizzard did the same stuff with one of their WoW servers

yeah but there's a difference to reviving a dead game and hosting a previous version of a game that's still alive

still not making money off of it; no harm, no foul.

still not making money off of it; no harm, no foul.
thats not how fair use works

thats not how fair use works

it's up to the company on what is fair use to them. if disney, a multi-billion dollar company, can let nostalgic people run a server that lets people live their childhood again, why can't roblox? it's an issue of morality.

it's up to the company on what is fair use to them. if disney, a multi-billion dollar company, can let nostalgic people run a server that lets people live their childhood again, why can't roblox? it's an issue of morality.
disney literally wouldnt be making a cent off of toontown
they lose nothing by letting people host a private server

roblox on the other hand would be losing money to a private server with old roblox assets (which are still in use) and old roblox code (which is still in use). they have ever right to shut down graphictoria and other private servers

also:
>it's up to the company on what is fair use
No, it's up to United States law as to what is fair use. Fair use isn't copying something in its entirety. Fair use is using excerpts from something, be it a movie, research paper, etc, for purposes such as teaching or criticism.
A company taking down negative reviews of their movie is violating fair use laws. A company taking down a pirated version of their game is totally legal.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:29:21 PM by Satan From Wreck-It-Ralph »