Author Topic: I'm taking The Big Leap to Windows 10 for Because - bury me in wallpapers  (Read 4903 times)

Not really sure where else I'd post this, but it's time for some super cleaning.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:59:47 PM by ·::Kishgal::· »

I love how GTA V is on its own cause it's so big

I never thought anything would be able to rival how bloated my Titanfall client is.

>pixiv
Around 750 artists with about 300 more to download.

I have a long way to go.

is win10 stable enough to use for games and just having it

i mean GTAV runs well on it so i'd say it's pretty stable

18.2%
RARE PEPES
EIGHTEEN POINT TWO PERCENT

Not really sure where else I'd post this, but it's time for some super cleaning.

How big is your hard drive?

a terabyte, i had like 40GB open at the time of that picture

a terabyte, i had like 40GB open at the time of that picture

lol I could never fill a terabyte like that

In case you or anybody else using Windows 10 runs into being unable to play fullscreen games in the latest update (build 10074), I found a pretty simple fix. It happens because the start menu opens when it shouldn't (it also generally opens whenever you login or change the monitor configuration), which is entirely controlled by the desktop environment. Just end the explorer.exe process while playing and it'll work just fine. Microsoft is working on fixing it though.

i mean GTAV runs well on it so i'd say it's pretty stable
That's not what he means by "stable"

is win10 stable enough to use for games and just having it
If I were you I'd wait until it's done. It seems like a bad idea to use a tech preview as your main OS.

lol I could never fill a terabyte like that
This. How the forget do you guys do that? My Windows partition is half of my 1TB HDD and it's only half full.

How the forget do you guys do that? My Windows partition is half of my 1TB HDD and it's only half full.
WinDirStat only visually displays the information on the disk, as the option to show free space is disabled by default.
His hard drive might only have 300 gigs of stuff on it, or something close to that.

Here's a better representation;
My terabyte hard drive:

The red block on the far left is Payday 2, the Green block with the several thousand files beside it is World of Tanks, and the big blue and grey part is Windows.

Now if I throw in the Free Space:

That big grey block is my free space.

Just because the whole display is full of shiny lights and boxes, doesn't mean the hard drive is full.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:56:35 PM by Jubel »

That's not what he means by "stable"
i don't see what else he could have meant beyond "do games work"