I'm taking The Big Leap to Windows 10 for Because - bury me in wallpapers

Author Topic: I'm taking The Big Leap to Windows 10 for Because - bury me in wallpapers  (Read 4784 times)

update: Hangul isn't displaying on Twitter for some reason?

works fine everywhere else though

hoping it's just a Chrome thing and I don't launched CloserS to play Mojibake Online, because that would be a real adventure

today will mark the first full day of using it so ~i'm excited~

Guys what the forget are you all doing. That is a technical preview and you're installing it on your main computers. Why.
because i don't have any reason not to, i already backed up everything i care about so whatever

Didn't you guys consider that maybe if you install that technical preview now you won't be able to get it on release day for free because you no longer have Windows 7 or 8?
what the forget lol
why does that make any sense to you at all

Hmm. Sir, I think your computer is infected with FNAF syndrome, files believe they are trying to kill you by jumpscare.
I wish you luck trying to cure that one.
>being this new

Is the support for windows 10 alright
I want to switch when its out but I heard its about to become a release candidate

what do you mean by support

Yes you can because license keys?
What about people with pre-built computers that already had Windows installed?

what the forget lol
why does that make any sense to you at all
Windows 10 will be free to people who have Windows 7 or 8.
If you don't have either of those because you replaced them with a loving technical preview how are you supposed to get Windows 10 for free when it comes out?
Unless you have a key for 7 or 8. If that's the case you're probably fine.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:35:30 AM by blueblur121 »

they should still come with a key. every computer my family's gotten with windows came with one

Windows 10 is reportedly being released late summer 2015 I think.  That's just what I've heard though, I wouldn't recommend jumping straight into Windows 10 because it's all still a technical preview and you'll probably have to reinstall all over again later.

But it is the reason why I clean installed Windows 8 on my desktop, just to do my yearly cleaning in anticipation of Windows 10 upgrade.

...what about them
have you never purchased Windows before or something, they still have a key

If you don't have either of those because you replaced them with a loving technical preview how are you supposed to get Windows 10 for free when it comes out?
Unless you have a key for 7 or 8. If that's the case you're probably fine.
why wouldn't i have a key....

Winamp doesn't want to stay on top in hidden dock mode so I had to do this

which has squished my Twitter/4chin window and it looks silly and moderately inconvenient.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:35:52 AM by ·::Kishgal::· »

they should still come with a key. every computer my family's gotten with windows came with one
Well stuff.
Never mind, ignore me.

Windows 10 is reportedly being released late summer 2015 I think.  That's just what I've heard though, I wouldn't recommend jumping straight into Windows 10 because it's all still a technical preview and you'll probably have to reinstall all over again later.

But it is the reason why I clean installed Windows 8 on my desktop, just to do my yearly cleaning in anticipation of Windows 10 upgrade.
july of 2015, also they were claiming that release candidates are going to be out this month

Awesome. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade though to be honest.

So is it overall better or just Windows 8 with a better skin?

I dont think they would release a whole new windows for a theme change

What are the actual updates? Can I search for files without it taking 10 minutes to load up windows explorer, will task manager no longer have to be on my hotbar because it also takes loving ages to load up?

i might upgrade to windows 10 when it will be released

will i be okay?
still hasn't been answered

will upgrading to windows 10 worth it?

No.

Here are things they added.
  • "Tablet Mode" and "Desktop Mode" are sperated(forget, I can't spell) now. Desktop mode is your classic start menu and desktop, while tablet mode is the metro UI from W8
  • When I say "classic start menu" I mean the W7 start menu with some W8 tiles (optionally) on the left side of it.
  • Multiple desktops. Finally.
  • In desktop mode, W8 metro apps open like normal windows and can be resized and moved around.
  • Streaming xbox games.
  • Spartan browser to replace IE.
  • Cortana is in your taskbar.
  • Control panel and settings app are being replaced by a new universal settings app.
  • Many more things that I am not going to list here.

still hasn't been answered

will upgrading to windows 10 worth it?
It's free. In what situation would it not be worth it?
When it comes to system requirements it should be similar to Windows 7 or 8.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:19:56 AM by blueblur121 »

Hmm. Sir, I think your computer is infected with FNAF syndrome, files believe they are trying to kill you by jumpscare.
I wish you luck trying to cure that one.

>normie
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE