·::Kishgal::· - An starfish with no heart.

Author Topic: ·::Kishgal::· - An starfish with no heart.  (Read 12294 times)

Im guessing taboo and 2 others being banned

I've already stated my opinion on Taboo back in his drama many weeks ago, and while I do think he hasn't really "changed" (and thus my opinion hasn't really changed much either), I also feel Taboo has shown the potential to be a very productive person (he makes some very detailed and interesting mods, and I feel that's pretty creative), that doesn't detract from his off-putting personality to people who aren't his friends and his unwillingness to change how he acts here because he feels he doesn't need to.

You could make the argument he doesn't need to change, and I feel he doesn't, but that wont change the fact that when he messes up and says something too hurtful or too offensive, it'll be his fault and his alone like it has multiple times before.

I may be looking too much into this, but I feel my opinion (for however much it's worth) is worth stating to add more to this topic.

normally how big dramas turn out
except nobody's breaking any rules, taboo is just hurting some people's feelings
what he says may be harsh but he's just being honest.

Im just saying i think someone other people will get extremely involed, thus ending with some bans

i don't think it's cool that adinx kept on posting tons of personal stuff regarding thorfin here
I blurred out names to protect those who were involved, so I haven't compromised anything. Thor already posted his own images and stories on the forum by his own will, so I have no doubt in my mind that my posts would not have been in err to him. Further, his father ended up posting as well. His father has SEEN the topic I setup for Thor, has SEEN the builds for Thor, and has messaged me back stating that he's touched that not only myself, but a community could gather together to honor his son's memory.

especially when trying to prove that he actually died. it seemed petty and just weird
Thor was an important part of the community, and it is my belief that he deserves to be remembered for the service he put forth for this community. I have not met a single person who matches his posting statistic, with a large majority being under help and modding. I don't mind you thinking it petty and weird, because that is simply just your opinion.

we gave our condolences. none of us are saying it's good thorfin died, none of us are commenting on anything about his character or the nature of his death
speak for yourself here, Elm, Rigel, and a select few others have.

but we are not obligated to care about everything posted here.
Then by all means, do not care. I didn't ask for your condolences or for you to pity anyone. I shared the information so his friends and those he had helped could know. When people questioned the merit of my posts, I backed them up, because that's who I am as an individual. It bothers me deeply when people don't believe me, so I will validate and back up any and all claims I make, regardless of the amount of effort it takes. In the end, the priority was to let people know that we have lost a valuable member of the community, and I have done exactly that.

don't be so shocked that someone gives a callous answer about something that doesn't really matter to them.
I am shocked. Between having the option not to post at all, considering he does not give two stuffs either way, and having the option to just be a richard about it to everyone involved, I am appalled by the fact that he chose to attack others. Why not just let people grieve or ask questions or just let the topic do it's own thing? Who said you HAVE to post on EVERY topic? Who said you HAVE to go out of your way to actively attack those who are just now finding out about it, or those who still have questions.

Also, on the matter of shrines-
Sending flowers costs time and money. Attending the funeral costs time and money (and being that I would have to cross three sets of state lines, I can't afford that.) Donating to his St. Jude cause costs money that I don't currently have (but intend to donate to in the future after my first paycheck from my summer job.)

Building a little lego shrine that says "rest in peace Thorfin25" takes time, that I would've spent building regardless of the subject matter and content. Whatever I want to build is entirely up to myself, and I include those that also went out of their way to build shrines and memorials for Thor.

I have spent countless hours on Blockland building with Thorfin25. It is only natural that I would feel the desire to dedicate a build to him, considering our history both in-and-out of Blockland. Not to mention, Thor TAUGHT me how to build in the first place. Would he want me to feel terrible for the rest of my life? Hell no. Would he want me to feel terrible at all? Not even close. Does that make me not feel terrible? Opposite effect.

Now before you say "you're dedicating too much time/effort/energy" to this, stop. I'm not. I'm posting on a forum in my free time, building in my free time, and reminiscing of the fun times I had with my best friend. And now I have to post on a drama that stemmed from a topic his father posted, because you pricks think your behavior is okay. I don't care how honest you think you're being or how "true" it is, it doesn't give you a free pass to be a cunt to people.

If you, Kish, McJob, Glass Joe and whoever else would like to be included with that list truly do not care, then stop posting on the matter. None of the topics need 500+ replies, or 1000+ views. They are there so those who knew Thor, will know that he is gone. Not so you can feed off of the loss of others for your sick amusement or so you can belittle those who try and dedicate a little bit of time to remember someone who went out of their way to help others.

Im just saying i think someone other people will get extremely involed, thus ending with some bans
still using that awful picture huh lol

i can't think of another reason for wanting to argue about everything so bad
there is no particular reason

you wanna try that sentence again

And now I have to post on a drama
nobody's making you do anything, the forget are you on about

there is no particular reason
so you do it because you're loving bored or something ? lol

And now I have to post on a drama
you're always in drama though

so you do it because you're loving bored or something ? lol
yeah, basically, it's a good way to kill time

yeah, basically, it's a good way to kill time
so you admit you're a jerkoff