Candy Crush Saga will be preloaded with Windows 10

Author Topic: Candy Crush Saga will be preloaded with Windows 10  (Read 2407 times)

http://news.xbox.com/2015/05/games-candy-crush-saga-is-coming-to-windows-10
Gaming has always been a huge part of the Windows experience, with titles like Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts each being played millions of times over the years. While these are all returning in Windows 10, those aren’t the only games you’ll be playing. In fact, we've got some great news to announce today: King will be bringing Candy Crush Saga to Windows 10.

If you’ve been paying attention to gaming (or pop culture in general) chances are pretty high that you've heard of King's smash mobile hit Candy Crush Saga. With its compelling blend of tricky puzzles coated in gorgeous eye candy, Candy Crush Saga is a global phenomenon for good reason. Windows Phone users have been enjoying Candy Crush Saga since its launch on the platform in December, and later this year, all Windows 10 owners will be able to experience the hit game that's swept the mobile world like wildfire. As an added bonus, Candy Crush Saga will automatically be installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 for periods of time following the game launch. It will even include cross-play options for your iOS and Android devices.

And that's not all: over time, other King titles will also be coming to Windows 10, which should mean hours (and hours... and hours) of fun for all sorts of gamers. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more news on Candy Crush Saga for Windows 10, and other King titles!

so when do the copyright strikes against every windows 10 user come in

why is this a real thing
😑
i dont understand why computers need mobile games in any variation at all
aside from plants vs zombies 2 forget you popcap

And then it will be swiftly uninstalled along with the rest of the bullstuff that comes with Windows.

It's a win-win for both companies in their eyes.

Microsoft can entice the mobile crowd with a popular (read: stuffty knock-off) game they're familiar with and add "includes free games" to the dot points on the back of the box, and King gets the chance to hook more people into their stuffty addiction network so they can get more cocaine money.

Sensible people have been saying they'll uninstall the game, to which I think there will be three possible outcomes:

A) You can just uninstall the game through a link in the start menu or the Add/Remove Programs menu in the Control Panel, or you can disable it in the Windows Features menu.
B) Microsoft attempt to remove all prompts to uninstall the game, but smart(er) users simply delete the files and/or create custom uninstallers so nobody has to suffer with stuffty bloatware.
C) Come launch day, everybody will have forgotten about it, and simply ignore it as they go on check their files transferred successfully and install some games to see if DirectX 12 was worth the hype train tickets.

Nothing major to get upset about. So long as it doesn't shout at me every 20 minutes to play it, it's the least of my concerns as far as Windows 10 goes.

When will a program which automatically purges extra stuff be a thing, since this piece of stuff looks like it'll be baked in like solitaire. We all know that like 80% of the userbase for this will never be able to remove it.

since this piece of stuff looks like it'll be baked in like solitaire.
Solitaire (and all the other Windows games) can be removed in the "Windows Features" menu, which is usually done by admins in businesses and schools to make sure employees/students don't slack off (even though they will). There's no such thing as "baked in", aside from stuff like the Kernel and Registry.

I'm fairly certain Microsoft would make sure this software can be removed just as easily.

why is this a big issue. I'd just consider this bloat ware and delete it, I don't see the point of playing this on the computer over the phone.

Might be because connect the block-ish games are better suited for your fingers than a mouse.

why is this a big issue.
King is a sore topic amongst a lot of gamers, and it doesn't help with the whole "Candy" fiasco. Basically, if a lot of the hardcore gamers feel like casual games are being forced upon them, they're going to get quite cross.

Personally, I dislike King/Zynga in terms of their morals and how they make their games (they take a pre-established, successful formula, tweak the graphics and maybe add one or two minor rule changes to avoid having to do too much work and then sell it at a low prices and throw in a lot of micro-transactions). I'd rather not show them any support for their business practices.

Solitaire (and all the other Windows games) can be removed in the "Windows Features" menu, which is usually done by admins in businesses and schools to make sure employees/students don't slack off (even though they will). There's no such thing as "baked in", aside from stuff like the Kernel and Registry.

I'm fairly certain Microsoft would make sure this software can be removed just as easily.
By baked in i mean it comes with every installation, but that was the wrong word to use. I really don't want to have to remove a stuffload of bloatware, I hope they don't turn this into some sort of "it's free but also a big forgetin billboard" deal.

I'll just uninstall it or ignore it if I can't uninstall it.

so does this mean windows 10 will have micro transactions out the ass?
"Oops! you can't uninstall that file until you purchase the file uninstaller DLC, click here to buy it for $2.99!"

*sigh*
more useless bloat ware

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Windows been preloaded with games like this every now and again for years now? What's the problem?

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Windows been preloaded with games like this every now and again for years now? What's the problem?
everything