Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 249206 times)

peach and i agree with that statement

edit- will you include a compendium of friendcodes and network ids in the OP, dob?
yeah it is supposed to be this thing
Smash 64
-
-

Melee
-
-

Brawl
-
-

Project M
-
-

Sm4sh
probably going to use a pastebin all of you guys play this

I have dedicated my life to Ryu. This includes only wearing Ryu cosplay.

i seem to be the only one in the universe who isn't getting any dlc characters

i seem to be the only one in the universe who isn't getting any dlc characters
sucks to be u
-gets carried away by all the dlc characters-

So why are Link players so enigmatically bad?

I call making the tournament things when it releases.

Link doesn't really seem to have a lot of approach options, and his combo game is fairly weak. You can use A combo canceling, but that isn't really too great and it's a really obvious set up.

He can space with zair and keep up a projectile wall, but once the opponent reads that again, it's really easy to counter. His dair is also obvious and only spikes the first few frames so you need to get right up on them. Bombs are pretty much the only way to set Link apart, tossing a bomb up into a d-throw or something similar.

Link doesn't really seem to have a lot of approach options, and his combo game is fairly weak. You can use A combo canceling, but that isn't really too great and it's a really obvious set up.

He can space with zair and keep up a projectile wall, but once the opponent reads that again, it's really easy to counter. His dair is also obvious and only spikes the first few frames so you need to get right up on them. Bombs are pretty much the only way to set Link apart, tossing a bomb up into a d-throw or something similar.
insert obligatory SAUS combos

insert obligatory SAUS combos
i was talking more about SSB4, but this is still sorta true in saying bombs are pretty much Link's only potential.

link's playstyle is varied I guess you could say. but one thing, don't approach with link. play link like you would play marth, defensively. use those bombs and arrows on a flat stage, use bombs if you have to recover, never go for the up-b to the ledge but instead try to use the grapple more often as it surprises your opponents. kill moves are most of his smashes especially his up smash. pokes and jabs are solid. item management is fluid and won't leave you punishable ever.

http://challonge.com/blfw12

latest sm4sh tournament that i can finally add to the op

Anyone want to play sm4sh?
I want to challenge my falcon

uh, so do I type up my mains and stuff for the who plays what?
if so, I play:
PM: Roy, Ganondorf, and ZSS
Sm4sh: Roy, ZSS, and Ike

Anyone want to play sm4sh?
I want to challenge my falcon

yeah I bet your falcon is challenged :^)

fite me

forgot to mention that miiverse is a counterpick now