Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 251058 times)

i won $46 today :iceCream:

got 2nd in melee and 1st in pm at a local  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

you're in chicago, right? where do you play locally

you're in chicago, right? where do you play locally
i dont have any super convenient locals. the one i went to yesterday is in glenview, but it was like a 30 min drive so whatever. ive also been to ASH@WIT in Aurora (was like an hour and a half drive) and GHQ in Third Lake (which is like an hour away)

EXP is also like 30 min away but its in a stuff area and its too expensive and the venue is garboge. its in Oak Park

if you want to find melee tournaments in chicago, meleeeveryday.com is awesome and it has a list of upcoming tournaments and weeklies. ive also heard rumors that Ignite hosts a weekly but ive never gotten any info about that. Ignite is close enough for me to bike to, so I would definitely go there if they had a tournament

Can we do melee/smash 4 blockland weekies again?

mainly smash 4 tho

Melee netplay is sort of unbearable but I'm down to defend my title of NETPLAY KING

i bet i could still get to 2nd only to be crushed by dob in weeklies again

i wish i lived closer to the Cool Netplay Dudes™ so that it would be more bearable

ive also heard rumors that Ignite hosts a weekly but ive never gotten any info about that. Ignite is close enough for me to bike to, so I would definitely go there if they had a tournament
ignite hosts a smash 4 weekly every wednesday starting at around 7:30-8:00 (there are people there hours earlier for friendlies, though). $10 buy in.

i stopped playing smash so you probably won't see me but you should definitely go, there's like 50+ entrants most of the time

ignite hosts a smash 4 weekly every wednesday starting at around 7:30-8:00 (there are people there hours earlier for friendlies, though). $10 buy in.

i stopped playing smash so you probably won't see me but you should definitely go, there's like 50+ entrants most of the time
I only play Melee right now. I'd like to check out Smash 4 but Wii U's are pretty expensive

I'm gonna try to talk to them about including Melee I guess

hey fam there's a palutena/mario player that's looking to beat me at a tournament im going to a couple weeks. I main cloud but I know he knows about the cape edgeguard with mario against cloud so im gonna be going marth against him. any tips?

who wants to play some MELEE

any tips?
yes do this
also learn to combo boi marth is fun af to play as
trip the boi and fsmash your way to victory
ok so like 75% of that was real tips, i want to main marth
for me, i start feeling a rythm after a little, and then i start comboing like crazy
i hope this was actual help

if he goes palu, generally try to DI away from his throws (iirc?) to avoid the hallelujah and don't forget about the obscene range of usmash

if he goes palu, generally try to DI away from his throws (iirc?) to avoid the hallelujah and don't forget about the obscene range of usmash

maybe its just me being bad but palutenas usmash is sooo annoying