Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 252839 times)

^Never heard of Hyuga but that's loving stuffty of him

Also for the Hbox hate, I can genuinely see why that happens because he mostly does one or two moves and maybe a rest and that's it
Evo was hype tho
That's a serious oversimplification of his playstyle
If you play it correctly he can't even rest you (unless he up throws you under a platform, in which case he can tech trap you into rest if he reads your tech)

He clutched it out like 4 times in a row to take back that set. Armada could have made that 3-1 if Hbox didn't have such an incredible clutch factor.

Also for the Hbox hate, I can genuinely see why that happens because he mostly does one or two moves and maybe a rest and that's it
Evo was hype tho
that is completely wrong.
just because he can set up rests does not make him boring

heck, if you were to pick apart his priority, I'd say rest is only viable at lower percents highly due to the fact that you can punish a rest easy if it isn't a star KO. It's not like how Armada plays is more interesting, either. Armada retreats and laser camps, waits for an up throw up smash at ~50 percent, which is much harder to punish because of the fact that Jiggs doesn't have a projectile.

You can even DI out of it too, that's why Armada had a ton of success on FD, because there were no platforms, wide open stage for laser camping, good ceiling, etc. Just saying that Jigglypuff has more than one option, and there is a way to get around it, even if it isn't foolproof.
again I could be wrong, but w/e.
forgetin hbox

armada shoulda won
just because hbox doesn't play a spacie doesn't mean he's boring
heck I'm one to talk for playing Ice Climbers but it's not like it's impossible to be interesting

hbox seriously played crazy good, I thought he would be playing shaky after losing to Plup, but clearly he got himself together for this
at this point i think it's mostly a meme
hbox gets a lot of unnecessary hate  :(
it's mostly just the stereotype of if you play a floaty (or floatie, idfk) that it doesn't require skill

As a puff player, I can tell you that it's Hungrybox's amazing reaction speed that gets him these rest setups that most players simply cannot.
Call it cheap or whatever that it's "2 or 3 moves to death," but the fact of the matter is if it wasn't for his amazing reaction time and ability to do well under extreme pressure, he wouldn't have got half of the rests he did that set versus Armada or Plup.

eyy who wants to play some netplay im on 5.0 and only got mncb

eyy who wants to play some netplay im on 5.0 and only got mncb
pssst do you play pm

project m is pretty fun but i wish they brought back melee sfx for physical hits because brawl's cracker-crunching-ass sfx are the worst in the whole series. i'd rather play with japanese smash 64 sfx

also because they brought back that like "hit emphasis" noise (idk how to describe it) from melee which doesn't really match with the brawl sfx

ok yeah fair enough i find a lot of melee's SFX more gratifying when landed

I'm just curious, how many of you guys have played Sm4sh for Wii U on Cemu before?

welp time to go 0-6 in pools for this tourney!

woohoo I didn't get dead last
i got next to dead last!

woohoo I didn't get dead last
i got next to dead last!

what tourny and how many people

what tourny and how many people
we tech those 2 PM national
over 100 people

e: playing *really* bad today but still didn't come in dead last
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:44:09 PM by Julius The 1st »