Poll

and how does this poll make you feel?

the old poll was better
a sudden urge to kill my father and seduce my mother
hungry
large and in charge
like a plastic bag

Author Topic: Reverie Fort Wars  (Read 24429 times)

Basil was being a real starfish today. Everyone in the mediir tribe was working on a base, and Basil was one of them. Everything was going fine until I invited Quetzecoatl on the server, where Basil started flipping out. They fought before tribes were made. He killed his horse. Both of them started throwing insults at one another. But since they were in the same tribe, there was nothing they could do to not live together, really. Basil cleared his bricks, which deleted a pretty sizable amount of the base, then started talking about how he wished he was Faeborn and 'still had the coordinates.' He asked later how long a griefing ban was, and I started getting really suspicious. Biller told him it was a week, where in which about 15 minutes later he said 'Goodbye for a week guys' and started destroying the base as fast as he could. Biller banned him for 10 days, but I what he did deserves more than that. This was purposeful, and he was part of the same tribe as us. I have no idea why he did this; que wasn't even online, and I was being as polite as I could be towards him.

What I mean to say was that Que isn't that kind of person. He wouldn't do that, I know that for a fact.

I also figured out he was the one turning collision on with the water at the bottom of our elevator, killing other mediir. That was another richard move. He was also spamming 'Let vonski in'. Vonski was a member of another tribe that I wanted to let come in, but it was Biller's orders, and he could have given the coordinates away.

All in all, I don't care so much about how he destroyed my base a bit; I care more about what he did.
sorry if there was any mistakes here i'm in a huge rush Man! that is too bad, we were the best tribe in the server and now this happens? I hate when people start fighting and ruin all the fun

Basil threw just as many insults at Que as Que threw at him. If you want the log, I still have it

Also, that would be great if we could change tribes. Something I don't love about tribes is that you have to be in one; some people don't want to live with other people or be identified as part of a certain tribe. If a tribe is known as an enemy of another, and you aren't part of the tribe you were set to at all, you get killed on sight. Having an option to be tribeless while the game is in development would be really nice.

Also kakezi needs a serious buff, they're the same as the sanguite people except for the fact they don't have lifesteal and can't transform into a huge monster titan. I get that sinnite might be easier to get, but if the two tribes ever went to war, there would always be a clear winner; it doesn't take THAT long to get sanguite. Maybe you could make sinnite take less time to make or use less mana. Or, since they worship the god of life, maybe wearing sinnite could give them a maximum life boost, give them more health regeneration, or giving a stackable health regeneration buff around them (which would encourage them to fight as an army as a plus)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:52:09 PM by GMO Ferret »

Update Info:

• Fae Wands now spawn trees on grass.
  • New Skeleton Model.
  • New Daynight cycle with day count and random names.
  • Ability to leave your tribe for another.
  • New enemy in flesh biome.
  • New scripted shutdown so we can handle updates more scheduled.
  • Other general improvements or things I did not mention.

Update Info:

• Fae Wands now spawn trees on grass.
  • New Skeleton Model.
  • New Daynight cycle with day count and random names.
  • Ability to leave your tribe for another.
  • New enemy in flesh biome.
  • New scripted shutdown so we can handle updates more scheduled.
  • Other general improvements or things I did not mention.
also the photometallisynthesis wand now has an attack and daggers (all sharing the same model for now)

Also, that would be great if we could change tribes. Something I don't love about tribes is that you have to be in one; some people don't want to live with other people or be identified as part of a certain tribe. If a tribe is known as an enemy of another, and you aren't part of the tribe you were set to at all, you get killed on sight. Having an option to be tribeless while the game is in development would be really nice.
I've just added the option to change your tribe with /switchTribe. Be wary that doing so will wipe your account and your bricks.

Also kakezi needs a serious buff, they're the same as the sanguite people except for the fact they don't have lifesteal and can't transform into a huge monster titan. I get that sinnite might be easier to get, but if the two tribes ever went to war, there would always be a clear winner; it doesn't take THAT long to get sanguite. Maybe you could make sinnite take less time to make or use less mana. Or, since they worship the god of life, maybe wearing sinnite could give them a maximum life boost, give them more health regeneration, or giving a stackable health regeneration buff around them (which would encourage them to fight as an army as a plus)
The tribe description on page 4 is nowhere near comprehensive. More things than are written there are planned for the Kazezi.

I insulted you earlier because you killed my horse(it was special to me) and because before you just got on my nerves so much but then i realyl didn't care later after that and i don't recall anyone threatening to grief your house i just called you a child because you were in fact being a child about me being in the mediir and moving into the mediir HQ, Let's not talk about this anymore in the discussion
Horses are special, if you kill someones horse you will pay, that is why im in conflict with Spartan101 and his friend

Chests are going to be more important than ever once religions are made. I had an idea of where that chests would use the menu inventory system; you place down a treasure chest, and by default, it gets named Chest__ (however many chests there are in the world) but can be renamed with a Faerie Wand. You can open the chest by looking at it and being within six tiles of it, where you can open your GUI and find it under Inventory. You can take items out of it by going over the items in it and pressing place brick to add it straight to inventory. You could throw items at the chest to put it inside. Also, turning off raycasting shouldn't be allowed for use on spawnpoints, treasure chests (in the future) or totems; pickaxes can't break them.

Maybe this server could just have a suggestions topic all for itself

Also with the way you're acting you 100% belong on Sarti :^)
He won't be welcomed into Sarti, I can promise you that. A group is already forming, I've made a steam page/group for it, strategy and coordinate pages are being made, etc etc.

We don't want Basil :^) But you know what? Right now the poll says Faeborn is the worst tribe, he would fit in really well there! Death to Faeborn scum :^)))

He won't be welcomed into Sarti, I can promise you that. A group is already forming, I've made a steam page/group for it, strategy and coordinate pages are being made, etc etc.

We don't want Basil :^) But you know what? Right now the poll says Faeborn is the worst tribe, he would fit in really well there! Death to Faeborn scum :^)))

You know, we should have tribe leaders. What if someone is being an idiot in your tribe that ruins your tribe's reputation? Right now most tribes have a leader (Vonski is the leader of Faeborn, I'm the leader of Kazezi, Biller is the leader of Eristia) but nobody has any power. Instead of players starting out in a tribe, tribe leaders could invite them. They would have the power to banish people from the tribe, and maybe have some other powers (Aura buffs to encourage fighting as a team? Stronger totems?). Right now, tribes are very out-of-order and there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

You know, we should have tribe leaders. What if someone is being an idiot in your tribe that ruins your tribe's reputation? Right now most tribes have a leader (Vonski is the leader of Faeborn, I'm the leader of Kazezi, Biller is the leader of Eristia) but nobody has any power. Instead of players starting out in a tribe, tribe leaders could invite them. They would have the power to banish people from the tribe, and maybe have some other powers (Aura buffs to encourage fighting as a team? Stronger totems?). Right now, tribes are very out-of-order and there isn't anything anyone can do about it.
And  leader elections, so we can vote who will lead us. Also adding  tribe ranks  would be nice

Chests are going to be more important than ever once religions are made. I had an idea of where that chests would use the menu inventory system; you place down a treasure chest, and by default, it gets named Chest__ (however many chests there are in the world) but can be renamed with a Faerie Wand. You can open the chest by looking at it and being within six tiles of it, where you can open your GUI and find it under Inventory. You can take items out of it by going over the items in it and pressing place brick to add it straight to inventory. You could throw items at the chest to put it inside. Also, turning off raycasting shouldn't be allowed for use on spawnpoints, treasure chests (in the future) or totems; pickaxes can't break them.
That's a wonderful way of interfacing with chests. That's probably how I'll have them work.

Just a nitpick - we have a UI, not a GUI. The G stands for graphics, and the UI is entirely text-based :p

The pickaxe looks for collision, not raycasting, when deciding which bricks to break. I had originally planned to only allow Eristians to make non-colliding bricks (and even then, their ability to create non-colliding bricks would be very limited) and I believe I'll be going back and doing that.

From the very start I've wanted the scripts to be very hands-off tribal power structures. If you want to lead your tribe, declare yourself its leader. That said, I think a votekick system or something similar to eject problem players from their tribes will be necessary. Perhaps a system allowing duels is in order to help with tribal decisionmaking...

So I just realized the game is missing a feature that I thought would've been implemented a long time ago. We have the ability to drop resources at will via inventory, but we cannot designate how much or how little.

This would be crucial to balance gameplay out for a lot of different reasons- spreading resources out amongst tribe builders/architects, trading with other tribes, peace treaties (trading), surrendering to an alliance mid-war (give 50% of resources of participants, or something)

So I just realized the game is missing a feature that I thought would've been implemented a long time ago. We have the ability to drop resources at will via inventory, but we cannot designate how much or how little.

This would be crucial to balance gameplay out for a lot of different reasons- spreading resources out amongst tribe builders/architects, trading with other tribes, peace treaties (trading), surrendering to an alliance mid-war (give 50% of resources of participants, or something)
This is actually because of a minor problem with the menu that I've been meaning to but have kept forgetting to fix. It's now fixed.

I wish grass can grow back after destroyed on dirt. . .

That would be cool if there could be like a sub totem to put onto your totem to add attributes like less mob aggresion in the radius of the totem
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:16:20 PM by Quetzecoatl »

Biller was our ally, and yesterday he was building a tower near our base , i asked him what was he doing and he said mysterously things like "Something big will happen" and "Terrible things come in huge siezes", then he said "R" in binary. I had to go and today when i joined, our base was griefed and some people says that Biller was acting like an innocent man.
pics: http://imgur.com/a/HG1Ik (they are not in order)