Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 100364 times)

i never get stuff like that, do you have presets for it?
Yes, those are two of the presets that will be included with the release.

Did anyone who joined earlier get a center print message when using the wand on the terrain?

any idea of this being released though

any idea of this being released though
can this loving release now?
any idea when this will be released?
how about you take two seconds out of your time to actually read the thread instead of posting this, please.

how about you take two seconds out of your time to actually read the thread instead of posting this, please.

I see no release date on the thread, it's been maybe 2 years.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:53:15 PM by BOSSNESSFTW »

I see no release date on the thread, it's been maybe 2 years.

I'll be hosting my server tonight and possibly tomorrow as well, just to make sure everything is working correctly before launch. I'm hoping to test multi-user support, and the trust issue with player's builds. As soon as that's fixed, I'll set a release window, which so far looks good for sometime next week!
It was literally less then five posts ago when you first asked.

It was literally less then five posts ago when you first asked.

How did I miss that?

I'm currently trying to add support for Greek2Me's Support_Updater, but I can't get it to work; I'm guessing it's having trouble accessing the repository file. If anyone's willing to help and has experience using it, it would be much appreciated.

I'm currently trying to add support for Greek2Me's Support_Updater, but I can't get it to work; I'm guessing it's having trouble accessing the repository file. If anyone's willing to help and has experience using it, it would be much appreciated.
You can try uploading it to BlocklandGlass for updates.

But what about the people that don't have BlocklandGlass, like me? I don't really want to use it.

But what about the people that don't have BlocklandGlass, like me? I don't really want to use it.
What is the issue of using it though? It's a great alternative to allow modders to update their add-ons.

Yeah, that's probably the best solution; thanks Filipe. Would users need to have Blockland Glass downloaded in order to use PTG, if uploaded?

It's kind of necessary for an add-on like this though - I might need to fix issues or make adjustments in the future, and synchronizing all the different versions people may have at once can be a major hassle.

Update: A release window has been set! Finally, after over 2 years of work, 6 months of testing, and 36,000+ lines of code, PTG is ready for public release; you can expect it sometime this week, between Wednesday and Saturday. That should give me enough time to record and upload the video tutorials.

Last Change Log:
- Fixed the issue with player trust and added full support for the game's trust system for floating bricks
     - Bricks connected to the ground should be treated normally
- Made some adjustments to public ownership, which is now enabled by default (makes sure to toggle destruction of public bricks when using the destructo wand)
- Made slight tweaks to various scripts, such as for revealing chunks and third party support
- Made slight improvements to the modified hammer, wand and destructo wand functions
- Made slight changes to GUI access / multi-user support (admins can now open the GUIs, but can can't use the commands unless enabled by the host)
- Improvements were made to dedicated server and remote console support
     - You no longer have to be present or even join your server to start routines, but it's recommended to have a client present
- Fixed issue with water brick pillars
- Added a new Routines option to load player bricks (from chunk saves) and bricks from uploaded builds as public, or using standard ownership.
- Fixed issue with destroying terrain when undoing or when using the wand on planted bricks.

This is going to be exciting.

Yeah, that's probably the best solution; thanks Filipe. Would users need to have Blockland Glass downloaded in order to use PTG, if uploaded?
Yes so they can receive the updates in-game when they're released.

The excitement is real.