Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98964 times)

OH MY GOSH GHOST. Didn't think you meant like a GUI and everything to go with it. No wonder you said it took 2 years. I know this because the server was public before alpha testers came and I joined :)
Yeah it took a very long time, but the add-on's release is getting close =)

Welp, nevermind, I'm really bad at building, lol.
lol, that's alright.

Welp, nevermind, I'm really bad at building, lol.
vis can take my beta spot since i havent had the opportunity to use this mod and probably wont for a while :(

all your progress is very beautiful though and i look forward to using it later/when its released :)

Wow how did I miss this. Does this generate based on where you stand? Right now I've already done a lot of manual modTer hills which looks a lot like yours and I'm using teleports to go from zone to zone in my RPG. Would I be able to stand somewhere new and generate a finite modTer landscape for new zones? Would save me TONS of time :o

Looks great!

vis can take my beta spot since i havent had the opportunity to use this mod and probably wont for a while :(

all your progress is very beautiful though and i look forward to using it later/when its released :)
Thanks =) And sure, I'll transfer your spot to Kyuande / Visolator so he can try it.

Wow how did I miss this. Does this generate based on where you stand? Right now I've already done a lot of manual modTer hills which looks a lot like yours and I'm using teleports to go from zone to zone in my RPG. Would I be able to stand somewhere new and generate a finite modTer landscape for new zones? Would save me TONS of time :o

Looks great!
Yup! You can either generate terrain by setting start / end positions (like in the previous version), or by flying around and having terrain generate around you (based on the radius size you set). Here's an example of generating RPG zones using this feature and boundaries:

edit: are you planning on having any more beta testers? this looks amazing
All testing slots are full right now, but anyone who submits a build for the build contest can win a slot. BTW, that gif is epic lol.

That's very nice of you. Thank you. :)

I do have some issues to report.

When I set 8x stream as a rare detail, and set the color to blue.
I get the blue brick placed, but the rest of the stream is red.

I do have a suggestion.
Can you allow us to stop the stream from continuing?
When you clear all bricks during the stream falling, it will stop the clear and wait for the stream to finish.

I do have some issues to report.

When I set 8x stream as a rare detail, and set the color to blue.
I get the blue brick placed, but the rest of the stream is red.

-pic-

I do have a suggestion.
Can you allow us to stop the stream from continuing?
When you clear all bricks during the stream falling, it will stop the clear and wait for the stream to finish.
-pic-
I haven't gotten to fixing streams just yet, but I'll address those once I do; thanks catzoo. =) Also, you'll be able to stop streams in progress by disabling them under Routine settings (I don't recommend trying it now though as it could crash the game).

Also, making some progress with the Cubes, Wedges & Ramps option for ModTer:

I've tried out the ModTer generation.

Very nice mod, the main issue is if it is plant it puts on a weird texture even if you put "none". Also, bricks appear missing in some areas and sometimes there are floating bricks.

ModTer isn't finished in the Beta version just yet; I'm actually working on finalizing that now. But, you can still try it out in the previous versions to get an idea of how it will work.

Ah okay. It's still pretty nice though.

The land of Blockland!

One issue.
Sometimes when a Blockland sign is placed, the terrain disappear.
I see this occur with most of the signs.

The land of Blockland!
-pic-

One issue.
Sometimes when a Blockland sign is placed, the terrain disappear.
I see this occur with most of the signs.
-pic-
-pic-
That's probably the first thing everyone will try when this is released publicly, lol. Those issues may have to be addressed in the next update though; no easy way to fix them.

Update: ModTer support for terrain is basically done! The generator now supports using all ModTer brick scales for terrain; it also works for caves and detail bricks (prevents floating and buried details). All I left to finish for ModTer is making it work with clouds, floating islands and skylands, and then PTG will be significantly closer to release.

When using the "Cubes" ModTer type, you can overlay Plate-Capping, to create a new, hybrid type of terrain. Also pictured below is a false color imaging system used in setting up the rules for ModTer brick placement:

those mod-ter caves are beautiful, i could never hope to build something like that, nice one.

I've probably asked this before but, I would love to be able to make an island, yknow one that doesn't look like a big chunk of terrain which got perfectly cut on a big square.