Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98985 times)

would it be possible to have color layers for specific levels of terrain, godus style
-pic-
i haven't had time to look through all the settings yet so i haven't figured out how to do it yet
There isn't a direct setting to create colored layers, but you can create something somewhat similar based on how you set up colors for mountains, biomes, etc., along with the Cubes&Wedges ModTer option:

It's not exact, but you can use the snow layer to add a secondary color to mountains, and the shore / submarine layers to add variations to terrain.

Time to play with PTG! I'll post some stuff if I make anything good.

im digging the floating islands

Just the scale of this add-on is incredible. How long have you been working on it?

im digging the floating islands
I dig them more

Y'all are already getting the hang of it lol.

Just the scale of this add-on is incredible. How long have you been working on it?
Thanks, I believe it was in December of 2013 that I started working on version 3. At first, I was just playing around with different ideas, and posted progress with the pre-alpha development in a gallery topic and sometimes in the Item Storage topic. Late last year / early 2015 is when I really got serious about finishing it.

Apparently my post didn't go through or something but I'm having problems with public bricks.

Regardless of my settings and whatever else I could think of, regular players can destroy regular non-mod terrain bricks with a hammer even though they're public

Apparently my post didn't go through or something but I'm having problems with public bricks.

Regardless of my settings and whatever else I could think of, regular players can destroy regular non-mod terrain bricks with a hammer even though they're public
Did you disable the "Allow destroying detail bricks under public ownership" option? By default, the generator allows any player to destroy biome detail bricks with the hammer, even if public, so they can clear areas of terrain to build. Disabling that option however should prevent them from removing any details. Also, make sure you enable the "public bricks" option before generating any terrain, so that each chunk will be handled as public and the restriction for details will be applied.

You can also try enabling the "Prevent destroying detail bricks unless using admin wand" option which should work for both public and normal bricks. Let me know if that helps.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:35:02 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Your package on serverCmdPlantBrick is wrong and breaks several other add-ons. Replace
      if(!isObject(%cl) || !isObject(%tmpBr))
      {
         echo("\c2>>P\c1T\c4G \c2ERROR: Either client or temp / ghost brick for packaged func \"servercmdPlantBrick\" doesn't exist. [!] \c0->" SPC getWord(getDateTime(),1));
         return;
      }

with
      if(!isObject(%tmpBr))
      {
         parent::serverCmdPlantBrick(%cl);
         return;
      }

Your package on serverCmdPlantBrick is wrong and breaks several other add-ons. Replace
      if(!isObject(%cl) || !isObject(%tmpBr))
      {
         echo("\c2>>P\c1T\c4G \c2ERROR: Either client or temp / ghost brick for packaged func \"servercmdPlantBrick\" doesn't exist. [!] \c0->" SPC getWord(getDateTime(),1));
         return;
      }

with
      if(!isObject(%tmpBr))
      {
         parent::serverCmdPlantBrick(%cl);
         return;
      }

Included for the final release, thanks Zeblote.

Update: Making progress with the final additions / fixes!

- Fixed brick placement issues with ModTer
- Fixed color / print selection for Skylands when using ModTer
- Fixed issue with ModTer not generating for caves
- Made slight improvements to the ModTer brick selection script
- Fixed issue with smart detail placement when using 4x ModTer (since they don't act as zones like the other bricks)
- Clouds now are treated as terrain bricks (to allow the same permissions set for terrain to apply to them as well)
- Fixed setting terrain type for subdivide fill / ModTer wedges
- Made slight improvements to highlight objects
- Fixed PlantBrick server command package
- Added client-sided build upload error report (warns of missing brick datablocks in console during upload)
- Added option to toggle water brick generation (encase you want to use the submarine biome to add another color layer to terrain, without generating water)
- Made improvements to build uploading GUIs and file management

Other changes since the last update I didn't mention:
- Finished events (will be included as a separate add-on)
- Added a GUI slider for setting the font size for all PTG chat messages
- Added vars to prevent loading default settings automatically (i.e. for gamemodes) and to prevent advertising in chat when players join the server

Only a few things left to finish before the final release.

When will this release, I'm dying for it!

When will this release, I'm dying for it!
If all goes well, you can expect a public release by Christmas Eve. =)