Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98969 times)

elaborations
as long as you can switch between the simple gui and the in-depth gui it's good

It doesn't seem to work with the new duplicator. The duplicator could do everything except register the brick plant command.

It doesn't seem to work with the new duplicator. The duplicator could do everything except register the brick plant command.
Oh yes can confirm, completely forgot to report that.

as long as you can switch between the simple gui and the in-depth gui it's good
Both GUIs will use separate keybinds, so you'll be able to easily switch between both.

Oh yes can confirm, completely forgot to report that.
I'll look into it, thanks guys.

First update for 2016: The Simplex GUI is mostly done! The Simplex or Easy-To-Use GUI is meant to help reduce the learning curve for new users, as well as to provide a way to generate completely different landscapes, without having to deal with the complicated, in-depth options included in the Main GUI.

The Simplex GUI comes with 16 different preset biomes, which demonstrate how the biomes system works with the generator. Each preset biome comes with different colors for dirt, terrain, etc. as well as water effects, terrain height modification and details:

This is better than every add-on combined! Is this add-on god? Oh wait it is god!!!!!!!

What's up with the desert having much more water than the other biomes

Isn't that not how deserts work?

What's up with the desert having much more water than the other biomes

Isn't that not how deserts work?
When the desert biome is selected, it changes the height scale of terrain to sink in slightly, but this causes more lakes to generate since more terrain drops below the water level. That's a good point though, I'll try adjusting it to drop the water level down with the terrain when that biome is selected.

GSF you've done it again man. I still miss your maps, mostly NYC and paradise. This generator is going to be another amazing contribution. I can see myself using it quite a bit.

Was finally able to give it a shot, and let me say: Wow.
This addon's great. I cannot wait for the release -- I'm going to try this more.

GSF you've done it again man. I still miss your maps, mostly NYC and paradise. This generator is going to be another amazing contribution. I can see myself using it quite a bit.
Thanks Tezuni =) Yeah, I still miss the ol' map making days; ever since they were removed, I (and I'm sure many others) kinda just lost interest in the game. Hopefully, PTG can introduce a similar experience that maps and terrain used to add to the game.

Was finally able to give it a shot, and let me say: Wow.
This addon's great. I cannot wait for the release -- I'm going to try this more.
Awesome, I'm going to try to have a revised Pre-Release finished soon, that will include the help GUIs, Simplex GUI, and multiple fixes. If any of y'all want to try it once finished just let me know.

Update: GUI presets (which will be included with the add-on's final release) are being finalized! There are about 70 presets included so far, but I'm hoping to have over 100 included once version 3 is ready to release. Here's a teaser of some of the presets included (some are for development purposes only):

More Screenshots:

Awesome, I'm going to try to have a revised Pre-Release finished soon, that will include the help GUIs, Simplex GUI, and multiple fixes. If any of y'all want to try it once finished just let me know.

Yes please.

This might just be the add-on of the year and 2016 just started