Blockland Glass Development

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25214 times)

Blockland Glass 1.1 Development

2.0 Milestone

We're redoing everything.

• Upstream Repositiories (website) - previously functional and then broken, any add-on with an upstream repository will automatically update to match it's upstream parts
  • Searching (addon and website) - pretty much essential, I overlooked this
  • Full S3 Integration (website) - currently implemented for RTB add-ons, all add-ons will be kept on an amazon S3 storage space

Team

Jincux - That's me. I've been playing Blockland since I was a little kid. I've had a few shameful attempts at large framework projects, but it was always a big undertaking and poorly made. My last attempt was 3 years ago, and I've learned a lot since then. I've made the entirety of Glass up to release.

teozkr - Also going by Nullable and DontCare4Free, he's worked with me on the last Glass project and is working on ParseTS, a project to take TorqueScript and essentially make objective break-down of the code, which allows us to have automated code review.

Nexus - Joining me on development of the redesigned site, he's taken over a lot of the design of the project, reworking almost everything. A huge thanks to him.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:41:27 PM by Scout31 »

Super cool I'm glad you're making actual progress.

Thanks, it's definitely going a lot better than my haphazard attempts a few years back.

I actually just pushed out an update for the few people who had v0.1. The new site verification system is live, so that's a bit important.

Edit: my old domain expired, therefore anyone with v0.1 won't be getting the update notification. Uh oh.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:37:18 PM by Scout31 »

Looks great!

edit: This is using the Blockland Modern theme.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:32:49 PM by Greek2me »

Wow, that skin instantly makes it look a lot better. Maybe I'll just stick with that!

IMO you should just leave it default and let people change it with Client_Themes. Up to you though.

i know you already addressed this in OP but it doesn't seem like a good idea to have two different systems running around (that being BRV and Glass)
people will inevitably upload to one or the other and it'll generally be a mess to update add-ons and that kind of thing

but it looks fantastic

Three systems, actually. I agree, it's a terrible idea. The community needs so much, and it would be a lot better if each of us tackled a separate task instead of making three (probably near-identical) copies of the same thing.

Just pushed to github:

I'm going to do a bit more work, then I'll push out a "nightly" on the updater.

At this point, I'm just going to assume that anyone who has Glass installed doesn't mind frequent updates and alpha features. I don't want to take time off developing what I'm already working on to add a "transfer branch" script to the site, so the stable branch is now the development branch.

how do i open the gui

how do i open the gui
I think it just opens when Blockland starts, but adding a button to the main menu, start a game, or a keybind would be nicer.

It's just a temporary solution for development. I'll probably add a button. Worse come to worst, use canvas.pushDialog(GlassModManagerGui);

I just pushed out the nightly update, it should be live.

am I able to download addons in the update?

Yep! The information isn't all there, but you can browse and download

I'm currently considering which of the services to start using and I must say that the progress speed of this looks promising.