Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 99994 times)

Sounds like bullstuff to me.
That statement is misleading. They're obviously not implying that the harddrive can magically tap into wifi; but it may be implying that the code can attempt to override the airgap mode or that it can be hacked through offline means if the nsa gets its hands on the harddrive itself.

I don't get why people are so goddamn paranoid about the NSA. Unless you're an international criminal or terrorist I don't think the NSA is going to waste any manpower to find out what video game you pirated or when was the last time you checked the forums.

I don't get why people are so goddamn paranoid about the NSA. Unless you're an international criminal or terrorist I don't think the NSA is going to waste any manpower to find out what video game you pirated or when was the last time you checked the forums.
The reason people are paranoid about the nsa is they want their privacy; and rightfully so. Even if the NSA isn't going to personally go after them, they should not have the power to illegally butt into people's personal lives through hacking. It's clear that what they're doing is immoral and people are fed up with it.

Plus, if they actually gave serious stuffs about their privacy they'd move to a hardened linux distribution. Not Windows 10. (Like me, I like my privacy but not enough to actually make an effort to switch to linux. It's a huge hassle for me :/)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:34:32 PM by Ipquarx »

I'm wondering, if you get the dev preview, can you upgrade straight to the full thing for free without losing anything? I know that people with the preview get a free copy, but can you just upgrade straight to it from the preview without losing data?
EDIT: They no longer give out builds of the preview. RIP.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:52:18 PM by Mr Queeba »

Windows has a backdoor built into it for a while now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/08/22/nsa-windows-8-exploit/
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/microsoft-programmed-in-nsa-backdoor-in-windows-by-1999.html
We're not talking about Windows having backdoors. We're talking about the NSA hacking offline harddrives remotely.

That statement is misleading. They're obviously not implying that the harddrive can magically tap into wifi; but it may be implying that the code can attempt to override the airgap mode or that it can be hacked through offline means if the nsa gets its hands on the harddrive itself.
Breaking into a storage device that they actually physically have is a different story.
But I am inclined to not believe the article for two other reasons.
1. Right at the beginning it used the term "blogosphere" unironically.
2. It claimed that the NY times article on the same story was watered down and full of propaganda.

It sounds to me like the person who wrote it didn't know what they were talking about, and that they are just really paranoid.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:45:51 PM by blueblur121 »

I'm wondering, if you get the dev preview, can you upgrade straight to the full thing for free without losing anything? I know that people with the preview get a free copy, but can you just upgrade straight to it from the preview without losing data?
I'd advise against getting the preview, you might have to reinstall your original windows to get the free update if you get the preview.

But I am inclined to not believe the article for two other reasons.
1. Right at the beginning it used the term "blogosphere" unironically.
2. It claimed that the NY times article on the same story was watered down and full of propaganda.

It sounds to me like the person who wrote it didn't know what they were talking about, and that they are just really paranoid.
As I said: That's all I could find from a 5 second google search. The results themselves are from Kaspersky labs, professional security brown townysts, a trustable source. That article is not made by kaspersky.

Also why the hell is them using the word "blogosphere" evidence of it being false? A little cringy at most, maybe. If you still doubt this I'd love to take it up in PMs, I don't wanna clog up the thread anymore.

have fun paying up microsoft the $130 when you finally update next year!

don't plan on ever upgrading unless 10 proves to be better than 7 in every way

i feel like i'm the only one who liked the windows 8 start menu. oh well, windows 10 still looks p cool

i feel like i'm the only one who liked the windows 8 start menu. oh well, windows 10 still looks p cool
you're not alone

i'll stick with 7 thank you
isn't 7 like 6 years old now lol

Hopefully there will be a way to disable the automatic updating...

wat

but it already is

been on 8 since launch and it wasn't bad at all...and 10 is even better!