Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 99983 times)

Windows 10 is releasing on the 29th. The latest build (10240) is the RTM according to several sites. The reason for the thread is to discuss when it releases, questions about reserving, questions about the OS itself and more. I think its beneficial if we keep it to a thread and I'll be happy to answer what you ask. There are others running it and I hope you're all willing to help as well.

Countdown to Windows 10

It's Familiar
Cortana
Edge
Xbox
Multi-Doing
Security
Windows Hello
Music and More
Continuum
Windows Store

Notable Sites

Microsoft
Windows Twitter, Microsoft Twitter
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:17:29 PM by Nal »

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:32:15 PM by giant tootsie rolls »

hey maybe with this my laptop wont be so bad anymore
no im not keeping my laptop forever, im saving up for a actual pc soon

hey maybe with this my laptop wont be so bad anymore
no im not keeping my laptop forever, im saving up for a actual pc soon
Windows 10 uses 1gb on idle on a VM by the way (0.8 actually, similar to windows 8)

Aw hell yes, I'm a part of the insider program so I actually get it on it's release

Cause I'm a badass that way

EDIT: Oh speaking of which, everyone not a part of the insiders program won't get it until after the 29th, and they'll release it gradually like android updates, so you may not get it for a month, who knows?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:56:48 PM by Mr.Blocko »

i will try to get it asap

updated OP with windows countdown

10n, 9a, 8l, 7i, 6s, 5s, 4o, 3g, 2a, 1y

done

A little bit off topic here, but what's the best way to go about upgrading from 7 to 10, and how long before I would actually need to jump ship for Windblows 10

I'll probably be getting this as soon as it comes out. it looks pretty nice

EDIT: Oh speaking of which, everyone not a part of the insiders program won't get it until after the 29th, and they'll release it gradually like android updates, so you may not get it for a month, who knows?
Wrong, android updates are different because they are on so many devices. Updates take forever due to OEM changes and after that they will be sent to your carrier. After said carrier approves then it will be distributed. I predict it will be like upgrading a Nexus where the upgrade gets sent out and you have to download it online, but you can wait for it to show up normally.
Traffic for Microsoft might not be that bad, they've been around long enough to predict this kind of stuff
A little bit off topic here, but what's the best way to go about upgrading from 7 to 10, and how long before I would actually need to jump ship for Windblows 10
not off topic, this topics pretty much anything about it. Wait for the update notification and I think it will just install like a normal update. That's my guess.

i have windows 10

ask away

questions i WON'T ANSWER

"How did you get windows 10!"

Wrong, android updates are different because they are on so many devices. Updates take forever due to OEM changes and after that they will be sent to your carrier. After said carrier approves then it will be distributed. I predict it will be like upgrading a Nexus where the upgrade gets sent out and you have to download it online, but you can wait for it to show up normally.
That's not really what I meant, but I agree with the second part cause I have a nexus 7 2013 and it took a month to get kitkat, but I kinda doubt Microsoft is gonna let people download it, either buy it or wait is what I think their gonna do cause Bill Gates needs to be fed...