Author Topic: Would I be able to bring a walking-stick/cane to school?  (Read 4289 times)

A rather sharp pain in my right ankle and knee, sometimes just the ankle/knee, sometimes both. Hurts to walk or stand for a bit after it appears. What is this thing that a lot of unlucky people come across?
A slipped disk is what I mention, if the disk between L5 and S1 herniates it has a chance of falling upon the sciatic nerve causing excruciating pain and the nerve blockage can cause you to collapse. Fast.
I had this happen to me and it's still on going, due to my medical insurance my treatment has stopped and it has put me onto a cane on occasion. If you feel like this may be your case too do not hesitate to get it checked. I was an idiot and faced it for a couple of months and now I regret it. It started off as simple leg pain and progressed to the point that it felt as if my muscles in my leg were contracting and pulling really hard, the pain was beyond excruciating and easily brought me to the floor given I make one incorrect move.

How bad were the pains at first? I don't think it's that, (At least I hope it isn't!) but it might be the Arthrochalsia type EDS that I have.

I certainly will try to get it checked in the future, though.
I wish I could walk with a cane without looking like a dork. I forgeted up my knee in an accident and it's prone to cramps and pain
Do you use a cane anyway, or not?

Originally the pain was very minor. A couple aches and pains, upon further usage and abuse it got more and more severe until one night I had to go to the hospital.
The pain also got worse when trying to turn, lean, lift, etc

please don't

you'll look like a handicap

Before I actually read the op/scrolled down to see the picture, I assumed this was a joke thread and it was a picture of a giant carrot.

Unless you have something seriously forgeted up with your legs, using a cane for aesthetic value is top-tier cringe material.

yeah if you wanna get loving thrown in a dumpster

Unless you have something seriously forgeted up with your legs, using a cane for aesthetic value is top-tier cringe material.
bonus points if you wear a heavy coat with a fedora. 2x score if you're trying to grow some high school facial hair

Only if it's a bull snake cane.
BOVINE PIZZLE

get one that doesn't look dumb like the one in the OP

if it eases your pain, go ahead with it.

please don't

you'll look like a handicap
I don't very much care for appearances anymore. It'll likely ease my pain, and it just generally feels nice to have something you can hit someone over the head with if they start harassing you.

if you do, look like you get pusillanimous individual by the hour