Author Topic: The big word: Religion  (Read 12401 times)

because its easier to pray to get happiness, and comfort, and safety, then it is to make it.
Many weak people.

because its easier to pray to get happiness, and comfort, and safety, then it is to make it.
Many weak people.
Precisely.

Well since, instead of talking about God this thread is here to try to turn Christian's away, This is very foolish because now you are trying to deny something others believe and saying your right. The real answer is you will never know, and don't say you will, because you can't. So I guess we will just have to see where everyone goes. Anyway,

Another thing real quick the question why to be kill in their faith is because you obviously haven't had a teacher that told you the truth about the terrorists. The terrorists have taken the Muslim faith and twisted it into their own religion to get people to kill us. The real faith says to protect the "people of the book" This is Christians. So that is why. In case you didn't know, you can search and find this on Google and if you have a real teacher, they can tell you.

So, I'm just going to stop trying, because all you people are trying to do it turn Christians away from God and I will not tolerate this. Plus you have already made up your mind. So have fun trying to disprove Christian, even though I know you can not. Continue to believe you can...

A explosion didn't do this, God did.
No, FSM did, and there's lots of proof of it.

Double post, Then what made FSM, and what made the thing that made FSM. and what made the thing that made the thing that made FSM... Inadvertly God created everything, there is no way you can disprove that.

Yes, thats the exact same reason people call me Smiler...

* Terror whistles

I will not tolerate this.

unfortunately you HAVE to tolerate it.
because otherwise it makes you the murderous Christian they use to be

Well since, instead of talking about God this thread is here to try to turn Christian's away, This is very foolish because now you are trying to deny something others believe and saying your right. The real answer is you will never know, and don't say you will, because you can't. So I guess we will just have to see where everyone goes. Anyway,

Another thing real quick the question why to be kill in their faith is because you obviously haven't had a teacher that told you the truth about the terrorists. The terrorists have taken the Muslim faith and twisted it into their own religion to get people to kill us. The real faith says to protect the "people of the book" This is Christians. So that is why. In case you didn't know, you can search and find this on Google and if you have a real teacher, they can tell you.

So, I'm just going to stop trying, because all you people are trying to do it turn Christians away from God and I will not tolerate this. Plus you have already made up your mind. So have fun trying to disprove Christian, even though I know you can not. Continue to believe you can...

I highly doubt you read/understood my posts because ALL of this was mentioned and covered.

I will not tolerate this.

unfortunately you HAVE to tolerate it.
because otherwise it makes you the murderous Christian they use to be

When i mean i won't tolerate it, is I am just going to stop arguing with you...

And I understood your post fine muffin, I'm just saying the terrorists killed people because Al Qaeda along with other terrorist groups know people will kill if they say their God told them too.

One of the big problems why people are so ignorant to Christianity and other religions is because they have been exposed by people that are extreme in their Faith, and T.V... So, try to keep an open mind.

The big bang theory is more plausible since it's largely based on scientific facts while Christianity is just based on other religions. I think that religion might provide metaphorical answers to philosophical and more abstract questions but I have little respect for anyone who blindly accepts as a fact that God created the world just because they have been taught to believe so.

When we are close minded, we tend to block out things that we don't believe.
Assuming that I am close minded just because I choose not to believe in an entity that I have never seen that operates outside the laws of nature is kind of arrogant, but please, do tell me about your divine encounters so I can block them out with my narrow mind.

And is it so foolish to believe in a higher meaning of reality?
It's foolish to believe in a higher meaning of reality just for the sake of it.

A final question to the christians here: How do you know that Christianity is the right approach? Other thesistic religions might as well be right, might they not? How can you be sure that the Christian way is the only right way?

Did it ever occur to you that God works through science? If God helps somebody, he doesn't shove a giant hand through the clouds, he acts in a way that can not be seen. He acts through nature. I would tell you about my "devine encounters," but you are just trying to make me look foolish so there would be no point. Although, tell me that you haven't heard of strange occurances: a child falling from a three story window onto the pavement and surving without any complications, a person somehow gaining the strength the lift a two ton car to save their son, a worker getting sucked into a jet engine and be able to climb out with minor damage. Did your science do that?

And why do you have little respect for people who believe in God? What did we do to you? You blindly accept that he doesn't exist because that is the way you were raised. So how does that make you different from us, if that logic is to be believed? It is a fact that when truth is recognized, competition is created. Everyone believes in reality because they experience it thorugh their senses, but nobody can prove that reality exists outside of our minds. But, go ahead and don't believe in God just because you can't sense him.

god helps you, through you, while not being noticed huh...

isn't that just....YOU making the effort in life? give credit where its due

and i was actually raised Christian, i was baptized and confirmed, and read the bible back to front again and again. and go every week and sit there learning about crap i can just read myself from that book.

but when all was done, i had to take self responsibility one day and make sense of what im being told, and what im reading.
when religion was based on nothing but uneducated ancient people's stories. well....its hard to apply to real life these days.
saying god gives us science is a last resort excuse for a self knowing, dieing belief.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:34:27 PM by Bisjac »

Fighting over the religion vs science case is pointless.

I didn't say God helps you through you, I said he does it without being seen. If you pray to get out of debt, he will set up the oportunity for you to get out of debt, then it is up to us to take that oportunity or not. He could do this by giving you the idea to go for an interview for a job, and helping you to do well in the interview to get the job.
It is strange how people try so hard to prove our beliefs wrong. They recognize another truth, which complicates their current beliefs, and causes them to get upset for no good reason. They think we are foolish just because we decide to believe in something which, to them, doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to prove that Catholicism is the right religion, it is true that I was raised Catholic so that is the religion I choose. But, no religion is wrong as long as they believe in morals and God. God doesn't exist in a material form like us. He exists in spirit, which is why we can not see him and why we can't prove that he exists in this physical life. Many religions believe in God, but they give him different names and attributes.

If the big bang really did occur, how did it happen? Did infinite nothingness just explode because it felt like it? How were humans created? We are born through reproduction, but how were the first humans born? If we did evolve from monkies or fish, where did the first living organisms come from? Random molecules just collided and made life? That seems even more foolish to believe than in the existance of God. Science does prove most of the things which take place in reality, but there are many things which can not be explained. And this is where science falls short of explanation.

I will state this again:
Everyone believes in reality because they experience it thorugh their senses, but nobody can prove that reality exists outside of our minds. But, go ahead and don't believe in God just because you can't sense him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:15:39 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

My beliefs are very simple: when I die the energy in me, my soul if you will, will leave my body. I will then enter an infinite lucid dream. That's the best any kind of heaven gets.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:28:09 PM by TheWorm »