Author Topic: Creating a FULL LENGTH Movie in Blockland!  (Read 17729 times)

My acting skills are tingling.  :cookieMonster:

You're George Lucas'ing pretty hard right now- I think you should actually consider scaling down (or that it could end up a much shorter film than you envision) thus making something better than what you're set on (a blockland film that must be the length of a feature film). What's in your head meeting practicality will give it a chance. If you don't at least consider it, you'll never see it at its full potential because it wont be appropriately edited.

EDIT: If you have a cool scene that doesn't work with the story, for example. Cutting it would be the practical (difficult) decision. Keeping it in is the story-writing equivalent of saying the film "must have this" (or to use the current example: "must be at least x minutes long").
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:58:47 PM by Jervan »

I'll be recording with shaders.
Do you have shaders, because your videos show that you dont
or your mac cannot run them
or you dont want to use them

You're George Lucas'ing pretty hard right now- I think you should actually consider scaling down (or that it could end up a much shorter film than you envision) thus making something better than what you're set on (a blockland film that must be the length of a feature film). What's in your head meeting practicality will give it a chance. If you don't at least consider it, you'll never see it at its full potential because it wont be appropriately edited.
There's no set time limit for the movie. I've planned out all the scenes, they add up too roughly 110 minutes. I've got my mind set on this. What you say won't discourage me, it'll just push me to make it better.

Do you have shaders, because your videos show that you dont
or your mac cannot run them
or you dont want to use them

I've never wanted too, I honestly don't think it makes the game look that much better than what I was used too.

I've never wanted too, I honestly don't think it makes the game look that much better than what I was used too.
Interiors do look better with them imo
otherwise it would be just shiny everywhere in daylight

Interiors do look better with them imo
otherwise it would be just shiny everywhere in daylight
Noted, your open to your opinion.

Noted, your open to your opinion.
oh ok thanks lol
btw, whats the difference about hired builders and normal ones
I might apply

oh ok thanks lol
btw, whats the difference about hired builders and normal ones
I might apply
hired builders are paid, and work long hours. Normal builders are just invited to the building sessions.

hired builders are paid
wait, you're going to pay hired builders? i know you said payment was discussed, but how will that work?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:24:40 PM by {L} »

ToAo, I do seriously think you are scaling too high, like others have said. Honeslty, you need to get someone who can run the ultra soft shaders mod (better than the default maximum) or the movie is going to look unpolished and a bit messy. Maybe you should start with a shorter project before you go onto making your dream movie.

There's no set time limit for the movie. I've planned out all the scenes, they add up too roughly 110 minutes. I've got my mind set on this. What you say won't discourage me, it'll just push me to make it better.
You misunderstand my intentions. Stop being so defensive and attack your own project or you'll never see any flaws til they're not fixable - right now you're just saying "you'll see". Shoot 2 mock scenes, edit them. Edit them til each scene is at its best and the transition between them is natural. Compare the length you thought it would be and what it ended up as. Without a storyboard you're just guessing. Without cutting you're bloating. In all the BL videos I've never watched one and thought it was over-edited.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all, I'm trying to give you the benefit of experience.  Good luck and I hope I'm wrong!

If you require someone who can make interesting backstories/stories in general. I'm the guy. I make compelling and atmospheric tales. I already have an idea of how it's going to start. Also ya they're right man. We should make the project smaller. However we don't have to dump the idea all together

We work on the first part Aka WW1
Finish it and release it as part 1 of a series. It doesn't have to be a movie. It can be a mini-series. Like "The history of all of us"

Soo ya.

PS i'm that one guy with a million ideas.

ToAo, I do seriously think you are scaling too high, like others have said. Honeslty, you need to get someone who can run the ultra soft shaders mod (better than the default maximum) or the movie is going to look unpolished and a bit messy. Maybe you should start with a shorter project before you go onto making your dream movie.

I get what your saying, I'll give ultra soft a try on my computer. I've got a 980 so I don't see any problems arising. Making a smaller project is pretty much the same as making a movie. Let's say I made a 20 minute short and wanted to keep working on it, all of a sudden I have an hour long movie.

You misunderstand my intentions. Stop being so defensive and attack your own project or you'll never see any flaws til they're not fixable - right now you're just saying "you'll see". Shoot 2 mock scenes, edit them. Edit them til each scene is at its best and the transition between them is natural. Compare the length you thought it would be and what it ended up as. Without a storyboard you're just guessing. Without cutting you're bloating. In all the BL videos I've never watched one and thought it was over-edited.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all, I'm trying to give you the benefit of experience.  Good luck and I hope I'm wrong!
I'm taking all you say into account, don't worry about that. I'm also very grateful for your advice, as it's good. Taking what everyone is saying into mind I might just make 3 parts to it instead. It would be the same length, just in parts. Everyone here says I should start smaller, so I'll take that into account and use this approach. This isn't me backing down, or making the project smaller. I'm not just going to make one part and stop, don't worry about that.