Author Topic: Creating a FULL LENGTH Movie in Blockland!  (Read 17732 times)

If you require someone who can make interesting backstories/stories in general. I'm the guy. I make compelling and atmospheric tales. I already have an idea of how it's going to start. Also ya they're right man. We should make the project smaller. However we don't have to dump the idea all together

We work on the first part Aka WW1
Finish it and release it as part 1 of a series. It doesn't have to be a movie. It can be a mini-series. Like "The history of all of us"

Soo ya.

PS i'm that one guy with a million ideas.
thanks

I get what your saying, I'll give ultra soft a try on my computer. I've got a 980 so I don't see any problems arising. Making a smaller project is pretty much the same as making a movie. Let's say I made a 20 minute short and wanted to keep working on it, all of a sudden I have an hour long movie.
You need a clear start, middle and end. An opening gambit, something coming into the story to change it or characters driving the story in a new direction, and then an ending that is satisfying and makes sense with the rest of the film. You can't add 40 minutes to a 20 minute film and expect a good hour long film. You'd just have a 20 minute film and a 40 minute film tied into one title to make it longer (see: The Hobbit films.. haha).

I'm taking all you say into account, don't worry about that. I'm also very grateful for your advice, as it's good. Taking what everyone is saying into mind I might just make 3 parts to it instead. It would be the same length, just in parts. Everyone here says I should start smaller, so I'll take that into account and use this approach. This isn't me backing down, or making the project smaller. I'm not just going to make one part and stop, don't worry about that.
Respect! That will let you really fine tune the details of each release and also make it more accessible, two of the biggest concerns I had. This will be great :)

You need a clear start, middle and end. An opening gambit, something coming into the story to change it or characters driving the story in a new direction, and then an ending that is satisfying and makes sense with the rest of the film. You can't add 40 minutes to a 20 minute film and expect a good hour long film. You'd just have a 20 minute film and a 40 minute film tied into one title to make it longer (see: The Hobbit films.. haha).
Respect! That will let you really fine tune the details of each release and also make it more accessible, two of the biggest concerns I had. This will be great :)
Thanks for you advice.

My idea: Nein forget

Part 1: Dawn of the 20th Century/The Great War (WWI)

Part 2: Age of the Mafia (1920s-1930s)

Part 3: Riddler Rises (Pre-WWII)/The Second War Begins (WWII)

Part 4: US and the War (WWII)/Planes get Sub-Sonic (Jet Age)

Part 5: Korea under Fire (Korean War)/Soviets get Cold (Cold War)

Part 6: Vietnam Resistance (Vietnam War)

Part 7: Modern War (The Gulf War)/War on Terror (Various battles/wars)

Part 8: What will the future hold?

All seperate. If this is too much. I'll compress it to just a few.

Ah dang I saw the new thing nevermind ;-;. Forget everything I just said. FORGET.

reminds me of blockland AWAY AT WAR

reminds me of blockland AWAY AT WAR
Didn't know who BEE was until this topic, I just checked there videos out. It's not going to be much like it.

How in the word do you make a movie in blockland?

i would act for this if my computer didn't explode
can you release the weapons for this? not many good ww1, ww2 or vietnam weapons.

i would act for this if my computer didn't explode
can you release the weapons for this? not many good ww1, ww2 or vietnam weapons.
That's up to the modders

How in the word do you make a movie in blockland?

*World

And with screen capturing programs, editing software, Blender (best for that), and actors, also alot of builders. Honestly your acting like you haven't seen at least a 15 min BL video.

*World

And with screen capturing programs, editing software, Blender (best for that), and actors, also alot of builders. Honestly your acting like you haven't seen at least a 15 min BL video.
we all start somewhere

Skype is free, it shouldn't be too hard to get.

I can give you a private teamspeak room in the Blockland Teamspeak, which is more dynamic and easier to use than Skype. It allows any actor to join the room and talk without one person having to call everybody at once.