Author Topic: Creating a FULL LENGTH Movie in Blockland!  (Read 17728 times)

Sounds cool and something I would really like to see get completed. I'll think about submitting an application.
We need all the help we can get, such a massive project can't be completed alone.

Well since you said things about history. I thought of this for any intro/trailer/part of the movie. It is a re-newed version of the classic "Glorious Morning" which was used in a popular flash game "Age of War" and it's sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yolbGaJD4AY

Well since you said things about history. I thought of this for any intro/trailer/part of the movie. It is a re-newed version of the classic "Glorious Morning" which was used in a popular flash game "Age of War" and it's sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yolbGaJD4AY

That would be a perfect song for the trailer, but I'm looking for royalty free music.

That would be a perfect song for the trailer, but I'm looking for royalty free music.

It is. The download is in the description. Free musica.
If you want it straight from me. I uploaded it to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/fq4t8cs8azunx8j/554504_-Glorious-Morning-2.mp3

It is. The download is in the description. Free musica.
If you want it straight from me. I uploaded it to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/fq4t8cs8azunx8j/554504_-Glorious-Morning-2.mp3

Wow, thanks!

I really do like this concept, and I have considered making something like this myself, but there are many problems with making a blockland movie:
-An uninteresting script that will bring bordem, and in the end will be nothing
-Lack of animations for this to have a nice feel to it
-Why tf do you need 100 actors? You can literally change avatars to be different people, and for any scenes for mass people like a stadium, we have bots.
-Lack of motivation, causing any work done in the past, to be lost and useless
-Lack of camera / editing quality, causing any work to be completely useless.
-A bad concept.

I don't want to be "That one guy" that puts this in the dirt, but the only way I can see this working, is if somebody is to animate an hour long film, because blockland in game just has a large lacking of everything you would need to make a decent blockland movie.

I really do like this concept, and I have considered making something like this myself, but there are many problems with making a blockland movie:
-An uninteresting script that will bring bordem, and in the end will be nothing
-Lack of animations for this to have a nice feel to it
-Why tf do you need 100 actors? You can literally change avatars to be different people, and for any scenes for mass people like a stadium, we have bots.
-Lack of motivation, causing any work done in the past, to be lost and useless
-Lack of camera / editing quality, causing any work to be completely useless.
-A bad concept.

I don't want to be "That one guy" that puts this in the dirt, but the only way I can see this working, is if somebody is to animate an hour long film, because blockland in game just has a large lacking of

everything you would need to make a decent blockland movie.
Let me answer these questions for you

Have you ever read into some of these skirmishes that have happened in the wars? If done the right way it can make a very detailed and exciting plot.

Again, if you know what your doing animation doesn't matter. You can still give it a great feel, especially if your actors make good fluent movements.

The reason I'd need so many actors is simply because I don't want to over work anyone. Let's say I'd need to make a scene with 20 actors in game. I'd go to my log and see who will be on when, and then I'll organize everyone together. Out of those 100 how many do you think will be available at that certain time. Bots can be very useful, but trust me, when making scenes with loads of people all doing different things bots just won't cut it.

Motivation could be a problem, but trust me when I say that I'll stay motivated.

I've been editing shorts for 2 years now. I've got loads of experience under my belt. With a custom dynamic camera add on, difficult and creative camera angles will be easy.

What makes you say the concept is bad? Like I've said before, history has the most amazing plot, and it will deliver.

I hope these answer your questions

Sorry but the best screenwriter in the world would have a hard time keeping me captivated without acting talent. It sounds like you want to make it that length so that it is *that* length, more than you have a story that will take that length of time to be told through BL.

Sorry but the best screenwriter in the world would have a hard time keeping me captivated without acting talent. It sounds like you want to make it that length so that it is *that* length, more than you have a story that will take that length of time to be told through BL.
It's going to be as long as it takes to detail WWI -WWII and everything in between that influences them. With its light and fast feel I don't see yo getting too bored.

My steam name is my forum name, my BLID is 33887, and I do not have Skype, I cant get it. May I use Steam instead?

My steam name is my forum name, my BLID is 33887, and I do not have Skype, I cant get it. May I use Steam instead?
Are you applying for a builders position or an actors position? It's fine if you're applying for a builders position, but you'd need Skype to apply for an actors.

Im Gatekeeper, i will help with anything involving the movie.

Im Gatekeeper, i will help with anything involving the movie.
I'd be more than happy to have your help, could you email me at ToAoTrance@gmail.com with what position you'd like to fulfill?

I'd be interested to help. Ever since I joined Blockland I wanted to make a bunch of videos with it. I'm not exactly up for acting but I can provide you with a few scripts that I've developed over the years to aid the movie making process. Things like multiple placable cameras that you can rotate between, also setting up 'dummy' bodies that just stay in one place to save actors (without having to wrestle with the bot system and stuff). I'm also able to model, so any things you need (staticshape props: they can be anything, from large easily made citadels to trees, ect) you can come to me for I guess.

Programmer/Modeller's Position?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:41:31 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

I created a small promo, and yes I put a random project name on it. Because that space was empty

I can change the logo/project name if ya want. I just thought of this because why not.
(And ya the white thing, i'll fix it if this is ever accepted in any way)
(There is tiny white lines along the borders)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:49:51 PM by Bdarty »