Poll

preorder?

no

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread - First Beta Test Weekend Friday 11/20  (Read 15075 times)

Main competitor is a f2p game and they go b2p with microtransactions. k.

Who thought $40 would be a good price for this? It's not like this game will have any sort of long term e-sports scene since Blizzard is awful at supporting any. They're gonna have skins and stuff for the game which I assume you can buy from them so it's not like there would be no way to monetize it.

Though I guess if it was F2P it would still be a pain since Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are a huge time sink to unlock things in.
I would rather them steal the idea from valve to give all the future content for free rather than dlc
we'll have to see what blizzard adds to the game to make it more accessible for competitive play, as I hope they don't go the hearthstone route and all but confirm they dont really care about competitive play
Main competitor is a f2p game and they go b2p with microtransactions. k.
the only microtransactions that are shown right now are skins
cs:go also has microtransactions
for skins
it doesnt have to compete with tf2, tf2 is having enough trouble as far as i know for any kind of serious play

cs:go is only $15 though not $40.

cs:go is only $15 though not $40.
very fair point, kind of a big price
like i said we'll have to see what blizzard has in store

CS:GO also lets you get skins for free, another huge difference is the player market place. I just feel like blizzard is getting too greedy with their pricing schemes

Honestly this is all just a huge case of people who have been spoiled by Steam prices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIHKbDbx8y8&feature=youtu.be
H Y P E
Blizzard is cashing in on overwatch it feels like and i am okay with this

I don't really care about the $40 price because it isn't that bad. My problem is that it's blizzard and I feel like they will make you pay for future heroes on top of the price tag for the game. Like $10 per hero or some stupid stuff that blizzard does.

SO GONNA loving MAIN BASTION

SO GONNA loving MAIN BASTION
laaaaaame

this game looks pretty forgetin fun, it's like tf2 if you added in supers from fighting game. hopefully it'll run on my macbook, it looks like a game that could get optimized pretty easily

I don't really care about the $40 price because it isn't that bad. My problem is that it's blizzard and I feel like they will make you pay for future heroes on top of the price tag for the game. Like $10 per hero or some stupid stuff that blizzard does.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/7/9688324/overwatch-buy-to-play-blizzard-pricing-model-plans
this is a very important article.. read carefully
literally 3 posts prior. they know how the game plays, it revolves around hero switching
examples of this being "some stupid stuff that blizzard does?"
wow has buyable cosmetics
same for hearthstone, buyable cosmetics

Honestly this is all just a huge case of people who have been spoiled by Steam prices

I think the way games are  priced is just changing. I'm just getting upset with Blizzard overall though.

They're neglecting the stuff out of WoW for the last 7 months of this expansions life cycle after they said that was a huge mistake to do with MoP. They want to switch to 1 year release cycles but the next expansion is gonna be the regular $50 and the monthly fee is still the same.

They pretty much did nothing to help SC2 develop an E-Sports scene, it had a lot going at launch and has been just dying ever since. Both Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone are F2P but it's absolutely tedious to earn anything in those games.

In Heroes of the Storm you can live with a default character at least. The grind in Hearthstone is absolutely loving horrendous though. You need cards to do anything, and it's 100g per pack of cards that can have absolute stuff in them. That's 30 wins for a pack of cards, or a quest and 7 more wins. The price of packs of cards is pretty high for no guarantee of anything good. Expansions for that game are $25 which is a lot of money or an even more ridiculous amount of gold.

It's not like they're doing amazing either, the latest stats for WoW showed lots of decline and they announced their no longer publishing numbers for it. They seem to never learn from mistakes, or if they do they seem to forget it up in a completely different way. I want Overwatch to be fun but Blizzard is starting to disappoint more and more.

reaper looks badass as forget. too bad all the kids are going to play that.

so far i have reinhardt, genji, pharah in mind