Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291141 times)

Server Maintenance

All Glass Mod Manager, Glass Hosting, and Glass Live services will be offline tonight beginning at 11:00pm EST and lasting no more than an hour. Glass Hosting servers will remain online, but the control panel will not be accessible.

Unrelated, but if anyone experiencing authentication problems could send me a PM with a description of the problem and a console.log file, that would be very much appreciated.

Maintenance finished as of 11:35pm, might be some lingering auth issues as all tokens have been cleared.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:29:44 PM by Scout31 »

Server/API patched to fixed dedicated server authentication issues that have been present since 4.2.0. Turns out auth.blockland.us/authQuery.php doesn't work with dedicated servers, so we had to come up with a different method to validate them. No real implications other than more accurate server list info and less console spam.

Version 4.2.2 has been released.

Change:
  • Support for special characters in friends list server display, chatroom chat, and server preview
  • Extra auth redundancy
  • Fixed some console spam

After lots of communication with users and the Glass team, there was no solid reports of the reported authentication issues and therefore no way to replicate them. If they're still occurring for anyone, please contact me or a member of the Glass team.

looks like he is at it again :cookieMonster:

I don't give a stuff. Glass is just some stuffty wannabe of RTB.
oh

oh
for anyone wondering where the hell the post is, it's... gone. it's just gone. I saw it here with my own eyes but now it's not there :(

oh
for anyone wondering where the hell the post is, it's... gone. it's just gone. I saw it here with my own eyes but now it's not there :(

Did badspot delete that post?

Spam account with ~15 unsubstantial posts, all of which were deleted.

Spam account with ~15 unsubstantial posts, all of which were deleted.
Oh. Understandable, thanks for letting me know.

I also think the post is funny because like...

Glass isn't trying to be dead and abandoned so it's clearly not trying to be RTB.

I'm having problems with authorization.  I have made two accounts so far, both of which have failed to verify.  When I try to verify in game it says i have misspelled either the password or the email so I hit "not me" to try again.  This happens even if I copy and paste the email and password from a word doc into both the website and the game.

Can you fix password recovery on the site? Somehow cant remember my pass

I'm having problems with authorization.  I have made two accounts so far, both of which have failed to verify.  When I try to verify in game it says i have misspelled either the password or the email so I hit "not me" to try again.  This happens even if I copy and paste the email and password from a word doc into both the website and the game.

According to the database, one of those is indeed verified. Could you send me a console.log file of your attempt to login in-game?

Can you fix password recovery on the site? Somehow cant remember my pass

It appears that a number of accounts imported from the original Glass 1 site don't have email address associated with them, and you're one of those. That makes password recovery a bit complicated. If you can PM me your email address, I'll update it for you.

Is it possible to make an update to an add-on that changes its filename?