Author Topic: Where can I find the gmod texture fix?  (Read 1624 times)

It IS copyrighted.
All I see that is copyrighted is the game itself and the logo

But like I said to be on the safe side I am not downloading unless I know for fact it is legal

Am I wrong to assume there is probably an Autumn Sale coming up soon? I keep forgetting to actually put money in the computer to actually take advantage of it I think the only sale I've bought something as of late was the Winter Sale where I bought Saints Row 4, Brothers, and Deadly Premonition. I aughta sell some cards or something because doesn't CSS go for like 5 dollars during a sale?

Am I wrong to assume there is probably an Autumn Sale coming up soon? I keep forgetting to actually put money in the computer to actually take advantage of it I think the only sale I've bought something as of late was the Winter Sale where I bought Saints Row 4, Brothers, and Deadly Premonition. I aughta sell some cards or something because doesn't CSS go for like 5 dollars during a sale?

CSS goes for dirt cheap, so do the rest of the source games, the exception being CS:GO.

Well like it's 20 dollars now and I think the best it'll go off for is 75% (which is good!) so yeah I think it's probably at cheapest 5 dollars although I could've sworn one day it was like 2 dollars? At least when I buy it I could whine about hitboxes with my friends who whine about hitboxes! Or is that GO...

damn kochie you're loving hostile about this

which kind of reminded me of something, remember the HL2 beta leaks?

after a while, valve was fine with people ripping everything (which, at this time, 80% of that content is used in the half life 2 series) as long as they didn't touch the source code)

the majority of textures from hl2 beta are used actively in hl2 retail

this pretty much show valve doesn't give a stuff about the textures as long as you don't touch the game itself

a lot of games valve has made reuses textures a bunch too, it's not piracy or stealing unless you're doing stuff

dude, it's just skins and images. you're not enjoying a free game, you're pretty much just patching your game to get rid of the texture errors

you aren't gonna get banned for linking downloads for textures. piracy doesn't work like that
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:43:44 PM by Decepticon »

GMod is a modification, it requires base games in order to run properly. Just like other source mods out there. I don't get why people can't understand this fairly simple concept.
GMod is a standalone game, and has been for yeeears.

textures are copyrighted just like everything else in the game bruh
Valve doesn't care what people do with their assets as long as it's not actually pirating the game. This, too, has been the case for years.

damn kochie you're loving hostile about this

which kind of reminded me of something, remember the HL2 beta leaks?

after a while, valve was fine with people ripping everything (which, at this time, 80% of that content is used in the half life 2 series) as long as they didn't touch the source code)

the majority of textures from hl2 beta are used actively in hl2 retail

this pretty much show valve doesn't give a stuff about the textures as long as you don't touch the game itself

a lot of games valve has made reuses textures a bunch too, it's not piracy or stealing unless you're doing stuff

dude, it's just skins and images. you're not enjoying a free game, you're pretty much just patching your game to get rid of the texture errors

you aren't gonna get banned for linking downloads for textures. piracy doesn't work like that

Oh my loving god, did you not read the entire loving thread? It's like nobody reads anything around here. I have mentioned time after time again, the modification requires games that you have bought in order to get assets from them. The textures are copyrighted and HL2 Beta never made it to fruition, but the final version has. So of course Valve would release the rights on the beta assets. If you don't buy they games and use assets that were ripped from the games to patch the game, it is not legit. But this not a matter if this right or wrong, there is a strict rule on piracy here and it is not allowed regardless, instructions on how to or otherwise. If you think it's fun to play along with this whole charade, then fine by me, break the rules. But if you want to save yourself from a ban, then do it someplace else. Next time, read everything instead of being a blind idiot.

I have mentioned time after time again, the modification requires games that you have bought in order to get assets from them.
No, it does not. It is recommended to have them because the developers were too lazy to make their own assets, but it is not required.
What's got your panties in such a tight knot?

No, it does not. It is recommended to have them because the developers were too lazy to make their own assets, but it is not required.
What's got your panties in such a tight knot?

When a game utilizes the models and textures, as well as some of the same scripts as the base game that it requires, AND it says it requires the base game to play, you say it isn't using a single asset and doesn't require a single thing in order to be played.

Have you ever played Garry's Mod?

When a game utilizes the models and textures, as well as some of the same scripts as the base game that it requires, AND it says it requires the base game to play, you say it isn't using a single asset and doesn't require a single thing in order to be played.
It does not require anything but the game itself to play, nor does it say otherwise anywhere.

Have you ever played Garry's Mod?
where the hell are you getting that we need the actual, base game for textures? we only need the textures, and if any scripts are needed, then their only use is to support whatever texture would actually need them (if any)

also, i do own CSS, gmod with 2k hours, and all the half lifes.

dozens of people rip textures out of games you don't buy to make a majority of mods in gmod, do you yell at them too? also, gmod IS standalone, you can play it by itself without any source games at all. you're just given the options to buy it with a pack.

and stop getting so hostile over this

kochieboy is trying real hard to be some sort of internet justice warrior i see

kochieboy is trying real hard to be some sort of internet justice warrior i see

I'm not stopping him, only informing him to do this elsewhere.

Oh my loving god, did you not read the entire loving thread? It's like nobody reads anything around here. I have mentioned time after time again, the modification requires games that you have bought in order to get assets from them. The textures are copyrighted and HL2 Beta never made it to fruition, but the final version has. So of course Valve would release the rights on the beta assets. If you don't buy they games and use assets that were ripped from the games to patch the game, it is not legit. But this not a matter if this right or wrong, there is a strict rule on piracy here and it is not allowed regardless, instructions on how to or otherwise. If you think it's fun to play along with this whole charade, then fine by me, break the rules. But if you want to save yourself from a ban, then do it someplace else. Next time, read everything instead of being a blind idiot.
Whoa, settle down Beavis.

Everything in the game is copyrighted so its best not to download the stuff how ever the valve complete pack goes on sale for about £25 in the autumn sale and the winter sale so you should wait for that. And also all the valve games are fun lol, I bought the complete pack for just gmod but I got caught into playing nearly all of the games in the bundle (Because forget ricochet) so its best to buy the bundle