3 (27.3%)
Kinda
1 (9.1%)
No
0 (0%)
augh don't mention that console
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Xbox Vs. PS2 Vs. Dreamcast  (Read 2961 times)

JSRF is on the PC
only the first jet set radio game is on the pc and the controls are really weird

and BLINX isn't notable
first of all, how dare you

only the first jet set radio game is on the pc and the controls are really weird
Aye aye capitano, but my question still stands.

Aye aye capitano, but my question still stands.
yes but it would be better to play it on a console

yes but it would be better to play it on a console
Not necessarily for any game. Unless a game's port is known for being bullstuff, the PC will give you better performance and generally allow for higher visuals (and generally get updated faster and more often). If you have controller and a USB cable, then PC is the way to go.

Case-in-Point: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Amazing game. Works great on Xbox, but the PC version has the huge recent update, achievements, TSLRCM and all other mods which now have workshop support, supports both Xbox and PS controllers etc.

I'm sure Ratchet would be an exception because the programmers had to use a lot of really awesome and shifty tactics exclusive to the PS2 hardware in order to do the awesome things they did.

The Xbox had superior hardware to the PS2, so the multiplatform games looked and ran vastly better usually being pretty similar to their PC counterparts. Even then the PS2 did have some killer exclusives compared to the Xbox and it overall was my favorite console.

Question is why do you need to choose over either one, it isn't 2001 anymore. The Xbox itself can be found incredibly dirt cheap, I found mine with over 30 games in amazing condition for $70, cable included and such. If you looked hard enough you could probably find an Xbox with the cables and controllers for about $30.
Sparky_78 is looking for the console specs!
What do you mean by this. Hardware specs? Size? The Xbox is much more powerful, but it's a behemoth too.

you can emulate a PS2, you can't emulate an Xbox
really, that should be all it comes down to

you can emulate a PS2, you can't emulate an Xbox
really, that should be all it comes down to
so if op has a good computer + knows how an emulator works he should get an xbox with no problems?????

so if op has a good computer + knows how an emulator works he should get an xbox with no problems?????
yup

yup
cool beans
now if only ps2 emulator controls weren't so ducked up
well maybe there is a ps2 controller port for ps2 but i do not know because my computer is not powerful for ps2 emulatotots

cool beans
now if only ps2 emulator controls weren't so ducked up
well maybe there is a ps2 controller port for ps2 but i do not know because my computer is not powerful for ps2 emulatotots
you can use a ds3 or 360/bone controller just fine

JSRF is on the PC
JSRF isn't but it's prequel Jet Set/Grind Radio is. nvm people said this already

I would go with keeping your xbox OP. May seem like a stupid idea at first but ps2 emulation is near perfect now, and there isn't an emulator for the original xbox so if you want to play games for it then you need the original hardware. Plus, you can do some tinkering and add XBMC to your xbox and make it a media center if you want.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:08:40 AM by Soundwaver7 »

ps2 emulation is near perfect now
Nowhere near perfect. Many games have shadow problems, Ratchet and clank is covered in mipmapping problems, jak and daxter have no eyes, Snake eater has a ton of problems.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:42:30 AM by tails »

ps2 emulation is near perfect now
That's quite the statement to make.