3 (27.3%)
Kinda
1 (9.1%)
No
0 (0%)
augh don't mention that console
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Xbox Vs. PS2 Vs. Dreamcast  (Read 2957 times)

JSRF is on the PC, Halo 2 is on the PC, and BLINX isn't notable. Please list some Xbox exclusives actually worth buying the console over, because it sure as hell seems like the good parts of the library were multi-platform anyway.
I didn't say they were worth buying the console over, and i can't, because i have never played them.

I was saying that the Xbox can run them, and the PS2 can't, and therefore the PS2 isn't "Better in every way", because running those games is a way.

PS2 Has a lot of REALLY good exclusives and has backwards compatibility if you are into PS1 games. Also, people seem to forget how awful the original xbox controller was, it was the xbox360 that put xbox controllers above PS controllers.

Honestly its entirely up to what games you enjoy the most.

For me, I play Final Fantasy 10 and 12, Metal Gear Solid series (MGS2 is on xbox, but 3 is where its at), and Rachet and Clank, which iirc are PS2 exclusive (When compared to xbox)

On the other hand, xbox has halo, though is graphically outdated and lacking multiplayer.

On the other hand, xbox has halo, though is graphically outdated and lacking multiplayer.
Son, the best way to play Halo is local multiplayer on a TV from the early 2000s. Online multiplayer isn't the only way to play multiplayer, nor is it the best.

May seem like a stupid idea at first but ps2 emulation is near perfect now, and there isn't an emulator for the original xbox so if you want to play games for it then you need the original hardware. Plus, you can do some tinkering and add XBMC to your xbox and make it a media center if you want.
Pcsx2 is nowhere near perfect, there are tons of bugs and all the lag that occurs on it doesn't make any sense

Xbox has battlefront 2

I'd say ps2 though because it has more.

PS2 Has a lot of REALLY good exclusives and has backwards compatibility if you are into PS1 games. Also, people seem to forget how awful the original xbox controller was
The placement of the black and white buttons is handicapped, but the shape is far more ergonomic and comfortable than a PS2 controller, at least when it comes to the S Controller.The original duke controller was just really stuffty in general.

Pcsx2 is nowhere near perfect, there are tons of bugs and all the lag that occurs on it doesn't make any sense
Nowhere near perfect. Many games have shadow problems, Ratchet and clank is covered in mipmapping problems, jak and daxter have no eyes, Snake eater has a ton of problems.
Maybe a bit of a bold statement but to be honest but it was fine for the games I played, just my opinion. The lag was definetely there but it was over a year ago, when I had a crappy althon x2 so that might have to do with it.

Xbox has battlefront 2

I'd say ps2 though because it has more.

Ps2 has it too

I own both.
I actually got an original xbox from a local store this month (our old one has a non-working disc drive and the xbox is currently in my closet), and our original ps2 is still going strong after many years of usage. I really don't know which one is the best, because I like both a lot.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:18:29 PM by Mr Queeba »

Ps2 has it too
Battlefront is better on the Xbox though, again the hardware was much better on the Xbox than the PS2 so it looked better and performed better. In the end PC is definitely the version to go for when it comes to Battlefront (you know mods and stuff), but if you had to choose between getting it on the PS2 or Xbox, Xbox would be the way to go.

Battlefront is better on the Xbox though, again the hardware was much better on the Xbox than the PS2 so it looked better and performed better. In the end PC is definitely the version to go for when it comes to Battlefront (you know mods and stuff), but if you had to choose between getting it on the PS2 or Xbox, Xbox would be the way to go.
Speaking of mods where can I get some? The site I used is gone.

Im sorry guys
I'm adding the Dreamcast because the libary has more games I like, but I still want your opinions, guys.
also: I almost though about keeping my ps2 because it has Half-Life
but then the XBOX has HL2
I'm not adding the Gamecube because the wii can play those games.

I'm not adding the Gamecube because the wii can play those games.
the xbox 360 can play xbox games
the ps3 can play ps2 games

the xbox 360 can play xbox games
the ps3 can play ps2 games
The X360 isn't my type of console.