Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?

Author Topic: Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?  (Read 22823 times)

ok do you legitimately think that good vps's that can host up to 3-4 Blockland servers each with 20 or so people on each costs 10 bucks per month

He never said he can't afford to host. I'm sure he can.
But there's nothing wrong with asking people to put a little towards the costs for something they otherwise get entertainment out of for free.

Have you ever heard of Patreon? Same principle, and guess what, there are rewards/incentives for patreon patrons too.

But there's nothing wrong with asking people to put a little towards the costs for something they otherwise get entertainment out of for free.

Have you ever heard of Patreon? Same principle, and guess what, there are rewards/incentives for patreon patrons too.
imo patreon does not compare well at all in a situation like this
in a video game, advantages that you get if you pay money is /really/ unfair to other players
a lot more unfair compared to something like patreon where if you support a YouTube show that you like you might get a free t-shirt

Get off your high horse. I have expenses as well, yet I still maintain my servers just fine. Your job must not be very "great" if you can't afford ten dollars a month on top of whatever others fees you may have.
If your only defense is just shouting that you have your own problems, you may as well just stop posting now. If you can't afford to host, get this: don't host.
I don't see anything about donations anywhere in here.
What are you even talking about? Like, I literally don't know what you think you're trying to communicate.
Sorry, should've given you the site
http://legendsofblockland.weebly.com/donations.html

ok do you legitimately think that good vps's that can host up to 3-4 Blockland servers each with 20 or so people on each costs 10 bucks per month
Sure, why not. Maybe $20 at most. It is not expensive or difficult to host for Blockland.

If he was just asking for donations, that would be fine. Offering gameplay incentives is not asking, it is bribing.
You can't compare (most) Patreon rewards to in-game advantages. Generally speaking, Patreon rewards are additional information on something's process, streams with an author, maybe a comic's page early. Some offer material rewards, and I don't really like that, but it's ultimately just buying a shirt. You still can't compare that to gameplay advantages.

Sorry, should've given you the site
http://legendsofblockland.weebly.com/donations.html
Looks like this did slip by me entirely, yes.

Sure, why not. Maybe $20 at most. It is not expensive or difficult to host for Blockland.
i saw him once hosting atleast 4 servers at once, i would expect the vps to cost a lot more. if we're talking about a vps one from nfo, i'd think it would be anywhere from 40-60 bucks per month

i saw him once hosting atleast 4 servers at once, i would expect the vps to cost a lot more. if we're talking about a vps one from nfo, i'd think it would be anywhere from 40-60 bucks per month
actually scratch 40-60 bucks per month. probably more like 30-50

imo patreon does not compare well at all in a situation like this
in a video game, advantages that you get if you pay money is /really/ unfair to other players
a lot more unfair compared to something like patreon where if you support a YouTube show that you like you might get a free t-shirt
The majority of Tezuni's rewards are cosmetic and don't affect gameplay.
I won't defend the rewards that do affect it, however.
But the concept of financially supporting a server and being given a reward (which Taboo and some others seemed vehemently opposed to) is no different to the concept of Patreon and is not a bad thing.
The only thing worth criticising is the rewards which are given out. 

You could easily host four servers off one VPS system. Assuming you got a decent one, anyway. I've hosted multiple servers off home machines at a time before, no reason a professional VPS couldn't.

But the concept of financially supporting a server and being given a reward (which Taboo and some others seemed vehemently opposed to) is no different to the concept of Patreon and is not a bad thing.
Have you not been reading the thread? I'm not opposed to silly cosmetic rewards. Nobody has said anything against them.

Not $10, not $20, not $30, not $40, keep guessing, it's higher.  I don't rent dollar store quality VPS and I host many servers.
The community plays on it, and they pay for it.

Not $10, not $20, not $30, not $40, keep guessing, it's higher.  I don't rent dollar store quality VPS and I host many servers.
You are paying too much for low quality hardware. For someone with "adult expenses," you don't seem to know how to spend your money intelligently. It's little wonder then that you have to bribe people to support your servers.

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/eGInc.gif[/img]
if you're paying above 60 bucks for your vps then you seriousally need to think about switching to a different provider because holy mingus that is way too much for just hosting a couple Blockland servers

Have you not been reading the thread? I'm not opposed to silly cosmetic rewards. Nobody has said anything against them.
I didn't claim anyone had an issue with cosmetic rewards at all.
Instead, this;
Get a job.
and other posts, came off as being entirely opposed to financially supporting at all, regardless of what rewards there were, if any.
That was my only qualm.

the only thing i hate about his prison escape is the map
it looks really ugly, but i still play on his server once and a while