[Server] Autosaver - [Version 3.0.0] - Javascript version??!!! (tba)

Poll

Environment saving/loading?

yah
50 (98%)
naw
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: [Server] Autosaver - [Version 3.0.0] - Javascript version??!!! (tba)  (Read 30847 times)

welcome to javascript where saving will be at least 25x faster, and there will be a new loading system (will work for client-side too), if server has both, you can save bricks client-side even faster.

Progress on saving in javascript!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:27:20 PM by Kyuande »

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 07:30:35 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

More progress:

It saves the colorset, events, and ownership, speeds are tested to be faster than blockland's code.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:36:33 AM by Metario »

god damn this update sounds great

sounds amazing. these dll mods really are expanding blockland's capabilities

did we say 5 seconds?
i meant

blisteringly fast....... i wouldn't like to stand in the way of this freight train

(note this is a 108k brick save with no events and all 2x2s, performance may vary.. merely just a test and not fully representative of the final product : ))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:53:39 AM by Metario »

did we say 5 seconds?
i meant

blisteringly fast....... i wouldn't like to stand in the way of this freight train

(note this is a 108k brick save with no events and all 2x2s, performance may vary.. merely just a test and not fully representative of the final product : ))
sorry did i say 1.33 seconds
i meant

please stop me

doing some general testing as well...
ts autosaver
js autosaver
10.6x increase in performance (but this is a very very lightweight version so..)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:17:05 AM by Metario »

moar progress

the javascript autosaver is about.. 33x (very very close to 34x the performance which is INSANE) faster then torquescript (with the absolute maximum amount of bricks :o)
:D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:03:34 AM by Metario »

The funny part if I remember is that the bricks are added on a list which makes it stupidly slower, if you disable neat saving it might lower the time but not even close to beat js time