14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 25545 times)

http://mic.com/articles/125372/14-year-old-ahmed-mohamed-sent-to-jail-for-bringing-homemade-clock-to-school?utm_source=policymicTBLR&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social

i understand why people are paranoid about school attacks but this is just silly. what 14 year old is gonna make some 80's-action-movie-ass bomb and then bring it to school to show all of his teachers. that's just loving stupid.

how can be a bomb if it counts up

it's because his name is "ahmed mohamed". racial profiling is certainly something, isn't it?

it's because his name is "ahmed mohamed". racial profiling is certainly something, isn't it?
it's weird that someone would be so blatantly tribal. im hoping just regular stupidity is a factor in it.

like it is very clearly not a bomb

Stupid how a school district and police department would arrest someone because of their invention and name?

it's weird that someone would be so blatantly tribal. im hoping just regular stupidity is a factor in it.

like it is very clearly not a bomb

i mean seriously they asked the kids to bring in their inventions and a clock is about as loving basic as it gets

iirc the police's response to it being a clock is to charge the poor kid with a bomb hoax, the guy who interrogated him (WHO ALSO BROKE A FEW RIGHTS LAWS) said that he kept insisting that it was a clock rather than "reveal more details about it", therefore the kid must've been trying to fool him into thinking it was just a clock or something

obama invited him to the white house
and nasa invited him for a future job interview
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:25:52 PM by PurpleMetro »

I want to see what his clock looked like.

I want to see what his clock looked like.
they confiscated it but it was an a metal pencil box and it had a digital display on the outside, counting like a normal clock would

obama invited him to the white house

We don't negotiate with terrorists.

they confiscated it but it was an a metal pencil box and it had a digital display on the outside, counting like a normal clock would

ah

He shouldve yelled allahu ackbar for extra lols