Author Topic: Undertale - The RPG where you don't have to hurt anyone  (Read 280305 times)

King of the Underground (page 100).

It definitely means that some games are better than others in the sense that more people like it, but that doesn't mean there's anywhere near an objective way to tell whether a game is the best. It's the exact same as saying "What's the best food?" or "What's the best movie?" There is no answer, because everyone has different tastes.

In something with as many subcultures and genres as videogames do I'd say the best answer is what games that are praised the most on average.

It's still subjective to a point, but there's still some order of which a game can be judged as one of 'the best'

for example, I think the original resident evil is awful, and nowhere near what I'd consider "the best game"

I will agree that resident evil 1 is awful but part of it's honest campiness and awkwardness does it more of a service than anything and I hold that game dearly in my heart

it would make sense for people to dislike it rather than ironically enjoy it so I dunno why it'd be on that list beyond nostalgia glasses

Chara of 100
Prepare your asses

Gelatinous Mass of page 100

PAPYRUS OF PAGE 100!!!!

Technically, it's not completely subjective.
That list doesn't mean stuff.

Some games on them are good, but others are kind of weird. For example, why is Daytona USA on there? It's just a barebones arcade racing game with a weird soundtrack.

PAPYRUS OF PAGE 100!!!!
THE GREAT PAPYRUS*

...I just realized that I haven't said anything about Undertale until 100 pages later. I have been wondering about the viral spread of this game being the best game of this year, even knocking off Super Smash Bros and Ocarina of Time

why are you guys riled up over a poll
if OoT would have stepped up their game instead of crying about it all over the internet like they did, they would've won.

i never saw anyone voting undertale crying like babies, every other game had people crying like babies instead of trying to rally support. in fact i saw exactly that from undertale fans.

why are you guys riled up over a poll
if OoT would have stepped up their game instead of crying about it all over the internet like they did, they would've won.

i never saw anyone voting undertale crying like babies, every other game had people crying like babies instead of trying to rally support. in fact i saw exactly that from undertale fans.

/r/undertale was really nice and were good sports about it too

/r/undertale was really nice and were good sports about it too
I don't imagine it's particularly hard to be a good sport about winning.

I don't imagine it's particularly hard to be a good sport about winning.

Towards the other subreddits (aka the other games).

* sans of page 100.

* it also turns out that i'm the last person to post on this page.
* that's very sans of me.