Author Topic: Undertale - The RPG where you don't have to hurt anyone  (Read 277446 times)

In Undertale, you play as a boy who finds himself in a strange world inhabited by monsters. Not wanting to be trapped forever, you must traverse this odd world by using your wits, strength and maybe just a bit of mercy. Or not. The meat of Undertale's gameplay is loosely based on classic RPGs but draws heavy inspiration from a variety of genres, including top down shooters, puzzle games, dating sims and bullet hells. Though seemingly simple, there is great complexity within the game: the actions you take in combat greatly alter both the storyline and ending. First appearing as a Kickstarter campaign in early 2014, Undertale was finally released on September 15th, 2015.

Here are some screenshots:

Undertale is great. It's pretty short (my blind playthrough took me about 8 hours) but incredibly potent and captivating from start to finish: I was completely enthralled for most of those 8 hours. It's definitely my favorite game of 2015 so far. I highly recommend it if you have any interest in RPGs or if you enjoy charming stories. I would say more but it's best played spoiler free.

There's a free demo you can grab that showcases the essence of the game pretty well. I strongly recommend at least trying it.

Steam page
Undertale official site
Original Kickstarter page

this game gave me feels one hour into it

you mondays should buy it

i've been interested since jim said it's one of his favorite games of 2015, i think i might check this out

this game gave me feels one hour into it

you mondays should buy it

My brother is a fan of this game. Do not forget...

METTATON EX!

EDIT:The nightmare room or basically the room with insane sound and flowey talking in a loop might actually be WD Gaster himself. Flowey is talking to him permenantly.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:36:49 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

Anybody else having a bad time?

i've been interested since jim said it's one of his favorite games of 2015, i think i might check this out

You should, it's a very nice game. The demo consists of the first 30 minutes or so of the full game you can get a good feel for its style.

Anybody else having a bad time?

I'm having the best nightmare of my life.

How much of goatmom is there in this exactly

She's still just in the beginning.

You have to get the best ending in the game to ever see her again.

Depending on your actions, it ranges from as much as the demo to a lot more.

I WISH I HAD 8 LEGS TO WEAR 4 PAIRS OF HOTPANTS