Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]

Poll

Continue working on CityRPG?

Yes
30 (88.2%)
No
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]  (Read 27791 times)

New map
Be original for once and make it interesting.

Bump. Ideas?
scrap the server and work on something worthwhile

scrap the server and work on something worthwhile
this. seriously im tired of all of the cityrpgs popping up.

I guess I'll wait until it calms down then. I'll see what ideas I can find.

If it uses Iban's RPG mod that requires hours and hours of loving grinding or some crappy clone of it, cancel it.
If it doesn't, keep working on it. I would love to see a CityRPG that doesn't involve tons of precious time mindlessly clicking to get 500 bucks.
I'm waiting for Crown to finish his CityRPG that looks more like DarkRP.

If it uses Iban's RPG mod that requires hours and hours of loving grinding or some crappy clone of it, cancel it.
If it doesn't, keep working on it. I would love to see a CityRPG that doesn't involve tons of precious time mindlessly clicking to get 500 bucks.
I'm waiting for Crown to finish his CityRPG that looks more like DarkRP.
I'm guessing you didn't even read past the first line of op before commenting.

I'm guessing you didn't even read past the first line of op before commenting.
I read the OP.

I read the OP.
You obviously did not if you said this.

This is literally the second line from the OP
"I've started BlockCity from scratch, and has a lot of progress."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:24:44 PM by Kyuande »

I am going to revive this project again and do a lot of remaking. I know there's been a bit of things going on but it's best for me to continue this and get it over with. For the outcome I am sure some people will be glad that they have another option to host with.

I would want to make a gamemode that more people would enjoy. I will be making prefs that can change up the gamemode such as enabling economy mode (harder to play)

The real question here is: Should I continue this project?
I would also love to have opinions on what you want from a CityRPG, but keep in mind that we are a small community.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:31:42 PM by Kyuande »

i actually got some ideas

so first off if you're making a city rpg you're gonna want to keep the core grind to the top mechanics as they've proven popular many times but also exceedingly flawed. the core problem is grinding up is tedious and the end goal of the grind is to grief the hell out of everyone when you eventually get a spawn with a gun job which is loving horrendous. you're going to want to diversify jobs by adding more mechanics and make the end goal something other than the aforementioned. not a clue on what you can actually add right now you'll have to soul search for that one

get rid of banks and just make players drop a portion of their cash on death. banks cause unnecessary admin strain and are basically unmanageable unless someone is watching 24/7

get rid of paying dems but make it so they are lost far more rapidly than they currently are. the whole police station and paying dems administration is a problem for the same reason bank killings are.

get rid of permanent records. they are a ridiculous loving restriction and the worst possible attempt to solve the crime being the top goal problem

make it so jailed people are able to walk around, talk to people, do stuff, and generally behave like normal players that are unable to pick up weaponry. the worst part of jail is easily the social isolation

remove hunger. it is an aborted attempt to create an economy and does nothing other than force players to respawn every now and then.

make it so there is some sort of money sink that is more effective than education and prestige. generally city rpgs are flooded with cash after the first day or so when the drug farms get going.

make drugs less of a huge loving investment and less impossible to bust. drugs right now are the #1 moneymaker and a drug base is effectively invincible. this requires frequent administration checks to make sure that attackers can actually break in normally. just let people buy c4 or something that fakekills bricks so that no base is safe. if drugs were piss easy to baton nobody would buy drugs because of the insane costs so you'll have to reduce drug planting prices alongside this.

make the mechanics other than crime less of a loving chore. mining and farming are the most tedious stuff ever and forcing people to mine/farm until they can get a real job ie cop is loving obnoxious. no idea how to make them more exciting but still

remove the wait time for education levels. honestly why are they even here

its come to my attention that a significant amount of players want a city rpg grindfest that lacks the obnoxiousness of city rpg so thats what im going for here. forget city rpg but best of luck to you

if you want to go balls out you can try to add an actual economy for guns/food. this will probably require adding a stuffload of guis because it did in suburbia which according to gyt was hell and will probably not work too well with linear progression plus people will need a client but you can probably think of something
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:16:34 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

i thought of an idea on how to make the grind less tedious and that would be by giving people stuff frequently. like if someone chops 25 trees they get a better axe and can then chop more trees and then get better axes and ect and this stimulus is frequent enough that people fall for the loving skinner and waste their pathetic lives accomplishing nothing but hey it gets players. see: mmos, infinite mining, cookie clicker

Well, this will be the third Generation City RPG, but I feel like its time that City be dropped from the City RPG and rename it Civilization RPG

I feel by naming it "city RPG" no one will be creative with the mod and use it for any other environment, resulting it nothing but huge gray and boring cities.

Imagine a Medieval RPG with this system, or Rurual Areas, or some other era or place using this system.

Well, this will be the third Generation City RPG, but I feel like its time that City be dropped from the City RPG and rename it Civilization RPG

I feel by naming it "city RPG" no one will be creative with the mod and use it for any other environment, resulting it nothing but huge gray and boring cities.

Imagine a Medieval RPG with this system, or Rurual Areas, or some other era or place using this system.
city rpg is necessarily an "all era" thing because if it wasnt youd have to heavily limit the themes players can use and have to have a bunch of prebuilt stuff that sets the mood if it wasnt. doing the traditional roads and holes and stuff route is much easier and less taxing on the admins
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:16:53 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »